TorGuard
XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl

iOS App Update

Question

XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl

Is TorGuard planning on improving the iOS app? There are many bugs (you should just read the reviews on App Store; the rating is 2.9/5), which haven't been fixed since the last update (the last update was about a year ago; is the app support dead or what's up?). Why do I have to f my brain going through tutorials just to install OpenVPN profile using a third-party app, while every other VPN provider spent some time implementing it into their apps? iOS app also does not support 2FA--I cannot use the VPN I paid for? Also, you need to reinstall the app after you tried connecting once, because next time you open the app, it will get stuck on infinite 'Connecting' bug. This is very frustrating. I have encountered bugs even submitting this post...great.

8 answers to this question

Support
11 hours ago, XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl said:

Is TorGuard planning on improving the iOS app? There are many bugs (you should just read the reviews on App Store; the rating is 2.9/5), which haven't been fixed since the last update (the last update was about a year ago; is the app support dead or what's up?). Why do I have to f my brain going through tutorials just to install OpenVPN profile using a third-party app, while every other VPN provider spent some time implementing it into their apps? iOS app also does not support 2FA--I cannot use the VPN I paid for? Also, you need to reinstall the app after you tried connecting once, because next time you open the app, it will get stuck on infinite 'Connecting' bug. This is very frustrating. I have encountered bugs even submitting this post...great.

Hey there,

Please don't look too much into App Store reviews, the vast majority are fake, we have In App purchase and OpenVPN coming in the next release, its not abandoned by any means - we don't support 2FA in any app no other than business accounts.

The problems your explaining sounds like you might be using a very old release? can you confirm when you last installed it?

Regards

XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl
On 6/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, Support said:

Hey there,

Please don't look too much into App Store reviews, the vast majority are fake, we have In App purchase and OpenVPN coming in the next release, its not abandoned by any means - we don't support 2FA in any app no other than business accounts.

The problems your explaining sounds like you might be using a very old release? can you confirm when you last installed it?

Regards

Weird that I have encountered the same issues as those with their "fake" reviews. It's not abandoned? The last update was 10 months ago, so people were having issues the whole year, yet there are no fixes. Let me ask you a question: on iOS, can you install any version other than the latest? No, you cannot--only the latest version is available for download, same as on Android.

Zaheer
1 hour ago, XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl said:

Weird that I have encountered the same issues as those with their "fake" reviews. It's not abandoned? The last update was 10 months ago, so people were having issues the whole year, yet there are no fixes. Let me ask you a question: on iOS, can you install any version other than the latest? No, you cannot--only the latest version is available for download, same as on Android.

Try this app https://passepartoutvpn.app/

it works very well with TorGuard VPN services.

It’s worth every penny. 

XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl
20 minutes ago, Zaheer said:

Try this app https://passepartoutvpn.app/

it works very well with TorGuard VPN services.

It’s worth every penny. 

They're saying that they will release an update with new features and bug fixes very soon for iOS. I'll try out Passpartout if the new update is buggy.

Support
2 hours ago, XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl said:

They're saying that they will release an update with new features and bug fixes very soon for iOS. I'll try out Passpartout if the new update is buggy.

It's in the works so 100% on the way - OpenVPN will be included.

BobbyBobbyster

So, I’ve tried connecting to the vpn and I keep getting a infinite connection pop up and I’m wondering if there’s a way to stop this and fully connect. It has been like this for awhile and I haven’t been using it on my phone since I haven’t received any help. I paid for the vpn and no one has helped me on how I can connect. (IOS)

Support
On 7/10/2020 at 12:47 AM, BobbyBobbyster said:

So, I’ve tried connecting to the vpn and I keep getting a infinite connection pop up and I’m wondering if there’s a way to stop this and fully connect. It has been like this for awhile and I haven’t been using it on my phone since I haven’t received any help. I paid for the vpn and no one has helped me on how I can connect. (IOS)

Hey Bobby - can I ask, right now are you able to connect to either NY, NJ, SF or SLC?

Regards

Zaheer
On 6/27/2020 at 1:52 AM, XqfBoU8cG4kzyDOl said:

I’m using version 1.11.5 I haven’t experienced any major issues so far only had a small issue told the developer and within a couple of hours it was fix in the apps backend.