TorGuard

No internet access

Rate this question

Falconian

Question

Falconian

Hi guys

Been running Torguard smoothly for a few months now. Today I can’t find a decent server anywhere. It connects reasonably quick but after a few seconds there is no or slow internet access.  Anyone else having these issues?

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Support

• Dan_C

• ColorOfWar617

• Falconian

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Here is what I have done and it works for me, Settings - Additional - config extension rules and Specify trusted applications and add torguarddesktopQT.ex best of luck  

Sure thing. Well, it worked for a few minutes, but now it stopped working again. Back to turning off the Network Attack Blocker for now.

Posted Images

Do we have an update on this issue. I have tried all previous advice but with no luck at all. After connecting Torguard can't connect to any site at all. I am running windows 10 with only a free avast antivirus so can see it being just an issue with the other mentioned antivirus as It isn't one I run. Any advice would be appreciated. Has been down for a week now.

Support
On 6/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, Crank said:

Hi Deejay,

Thank you for your reply; however, I already followed those steps (and even did a second time for good measure), and it still cuts out after about 10-20 seconds.

Will there be a program update soon that will address this issue?

Thanks,

BR.

25 minutes ago, JAMB said:

Do we have an update on this issue. I have tried all previous advice but with no luck at all. After connecting Torguard can't connect to any site at all. I am running windows 10 with only a free avast antivirus so can see it being just an issue with the other mentioned antivirus as It isn't one I run. Any advice would be appreciated. Has been down for a week now.

Please see the fix here for now: 

11 hours ago, Support said:

Please see the fix here for now: 

That is all well and good but I am not running Kaspersky and never have (in fact I had never heard of it until I read it in this thread) It was working fine in the 2-3 weeks since I signed up to Torguard then all of a sudden it just won't let me connect and just keeps saying server not found. I am running the free Avast Anti Virus and that is all - the same as I was when it was working. Not sure if it has updated though it may have but not sure. Internet works fine when Torguard not running so isn't an issue with that. Either way I tried the steps given just with Avast and no joy. Still having the same problems as I have for the last week. So I need a solution for this using Avast free Antivirus on Windows 10 Thanks in Advance for you help.

Support
42 minutes ago, JAMB said:

That is all well and good but I am not running Kaspersky and never have (in fact I had never heard of it until I read it in this thread) It was working fine in the 2-3 weeks since I signed up to Torguard then all of a sudden it just won't let me connect and just keeps saying server not found. I am running the free Avast Anti Virus and that is all - the same as I was when it was working. Not sure if it has updated though it may have but not sure. Internet works fine when Torguard not running so isn't an issue with that. Either way I tried the steps given just with Avast and no joy. Still having the same problems as I have for the last week. So I need a solution for this using Avast free Antivirus on Windows 10 Thanks in Advance for you help.

Do you happen to have the old ad block dns set under the network tab? if so set another or upgrade the TG app and use the new Ad Block DNS.

Regards

9 hours ago, Support said:

Do you happen to have the old ad block dns set under the network tab? if so set another or upgrade the TG app and use the new Ad Block DNS.

Regards

Under the network tab on TG I seen nothing that mentions add block at all. But under the DSN part I have everything set to none and have checked and unchecked the ones available and tried it and still nothing. I have just downloaded the latest TG (still can't see anything that says ad block under the network tab of that) but it has upgraded my tap drive again (after I had changed it before but again that made no difference to my situation). but again all set to nothing with latest TG download both checked and uncheck and same problem. I am not very tech savvy at all and find a lot of this very confusing. Am muddling my way through as best I can to try these things but any help really needs to be spelled out step by step and like I am an Idiot (because I am with computers) Thanks Again for any help you are able to give.

Support
4 hours ago, JAMB said:

Under the network tab on TG I seen nothing that mentions add block at all. But under the DSN part I have everything set to none and have checked and unchecked the ones available and tried it and still nothing. I have just downloaded the latest TG (still can't see anything that says ad block under the network tab of that) but it has upgraded my tap drive again (after I had changed it before but again that made no difference to my situation). but again all set to nothing with latest TG download both checked and uncheck and same problem. I am not very tech savvy at all and find a lot of this very confusing. Am muddling my way through as best I can to try these things but any help really needs to be spelled out step by step and like I am an Idiot (because I am with computers) Thanks Again for any help you are able to give.

No problem - there are certain things than can cause these exact same symptoms, for example some HP software can do this (LAN Switching Service), do you have a HP PC? or do you use the Killer Network Driver suite? I would maybe suggest we do a teamviewer and login to have a look for you, you can arrange that through our support desk https://torguard.net/submitticket.php - please reference this thread.

Regards

1 minute ago, Support said:

No problem - there are certain things than can cause these exact same symptoms, for example some HP software can do this (LAN Switching Service), do you have a HP PC? or do you use the Killer Network Driver suite? I would maybe suggest we do a teamviewer and login to have a look for you, you can arrange that through our support desk https://torguard.net/submitticket.php - please reference this thread.

Regards

I have a Powerc built PC Intel inside it says on it and don't use the driver suite (again sorry haven't ever heard of it let alone use it)

11 minutes ago, Support said:

Regards

I have just tried to connect again and Randomly it is working now. Not sure what has been going on but appears to be working ATM.If I have any other problems I will let you know but seems to be randomly working OK now.

Support
4 hours ago, JAMB said:

I have just tried to connect again and Randomly it is working now. Not sure what has been going on but appears to be working ATM.If I have any other problems I will let you know but seems to be randomly working OK now.

Great, let us know if the issue returns.

Regards

Support
12 hours ago, ColorOfWar617 said:

When are these issues going to get fix?

Are you referring to Kaspersky or Ad Block DNS?

ColorOfWar617

I feel like I'm on a loop here. 

These issues have nothing to do with Kaspersky. I closed KSPRY and TG is still not working, I tried everything in this forum and nothing works.

Support
1 minute ago, ColorOfWar617 said:

I feel like I'm on a loop here. 

These issues have nothing to do with Kaspersky. I closed KSPRY and TG is still not working, I tried everything in this forum and nothing works.

What DNS do you have set under more settings --> network tab?

(Just FYI at this point) Did this:

\

Please click More Settings-> Restore Defaults- > Save on Torguard app
Then Network tab
Make sure the “block outside DNS” box is checked ( Windows Only )
Check “Clean Cache" then "Refresh Cache" in that order.
Uncheck “Look up server hostname before connecting”
Locate three drop downs under the "use these nameservers" section
Choose None under the first 2 of them and set DNS when VPN is connected to VPN DNS.
Choose DNS state Recovery as- Auto recover
Click Save and restart App first
Try to Connect and test again

\

No luck so:
Added torguard to the exclusion list on Kap AV

And so far so good :)

/Update
Nope.
Did the "temp fix" and also nope.
God damn it! :D

matemate
On 7/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ted said:

\

Then Network tab
Choose None under the first 2 of them and set DNS when VPN is connected to VPN DNS.

\

These are almost my old settings before this issue even appeared and it works for me now with TAP 9.9.2 with TG app added to exceptions.

KIS - TG app is on exceptions, with TAP 9.9.2 and DNS at application - none, while establishing - cloudflare, when connected to vpn - vpn DNS no longer works for me.

Bored of this now... every-time I finish a block of shifts I have to change the settings to get it work.

Support
2 hours ago, matemate said:

These are almost my old settings before this issue even appeared and it works for me now with TAP 9.9.2 with TG app added to exceptions.

KIS - TG app is on exceptions, with TAP 9.9.2 and DNS at application - none, while establishing - cloudflare, when connected to vpn - vpn DNS no longer works for me.

Bored of this now... every-time I finish a block of shifts I have to change the settings to get it work.

This is not an issue we created, we haven't changed anything, Kaspersky changed there product which somehow interferes with TorGuard.

The official fix is here --> 

Support
On 7/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ted said:

(Just FYI at this point) Did this:

\

Then Network tab

\

No luck so:
Added torguard to the exclusion list on Kap AV

And so far so good :)

/Update
Nope.
Did the "temp fix" and also nope.
God damn it! :D

Tim, did you follow the temp fix instructions down to a tee? disable Self Defence, run reg file, re-enable self defence?