TorGuard
Falconian

No internet access

Rate this question

Question

Falconian

Hi guys

Been running Torguard smoothly for a few months now. Today I can’t find a decent server anywhere. It connects reasonably quick but after a few seconds there is no or slow internet access.  Anyone else having these issues?

RyDze

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, I have also been having issues like everyone else.
I Was using the newest TAP Driver Version and experiencing Heavy Connection Issues > "v9.24.2".
I changed my Tap Driver as suggestion in the forums to "v9.9.2_3" and it seems to Fix the problem! So it does seem Tap Driver related as noted previously on forums. So the Tap Driver version that does not* work well with Torgaurd/Kaspersky is >   > "v9.24.2". and "v9.21.2" also seems to not work well.

Support
2 hours ago, RyDze said:

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, I have also been having issues like everyone else.
I Was using the newest TAP Driver Version and experiencing Heavy Connection Issues > "v9.24.2".
I changed my Tap Driver as suggestion in the forums to "v9.9.2_3" and it seems to Fix the problem! So it does seem Tap Driver related as noted previously on forums. So the Tap Driver version that does not* work well with Torgaurd/Kaspersky is >   > "v9.24.2". and "v9.21.2" also seems to not work well.

Thanks for the heads up.

greenleaf

Switching to Tap Driver v9.9.2_3 fixed the connection issues. Thank You to whoever figured this out.

@Deejay I am using Kaspersky Total Security 20

Deejay

Are you sure you solved it? Does not work here! I installed Tap 9 9 2 and I still have the connection problem.
What version of Kaspersky Internet Security are you using?

Confirmed! I tried again using TAP 9.9.2_3 and it didn't work.

Mick2020
1 hour ago, Deejay said:

Are you sure you solved it? Does not work here! I installed Tap 9 9 2 and I still have the connection problem.
What version of Kaspersky Internet Security are you using?

Confirmed! I tried again using TAP 9.9.2_3 and it didn't work.

Im on KIS 2020,WIN 10PRO X64, try also installing the MS NET FRAMEWORK Also. 

I am 100% sure it works, 1x nuk pc, 1 x laptop, 1 x desktop pc, all same Win 10 x64 Torguard/KIS2020 combo, All same issue, all same fix. 

I also have KIS 2020 And torguard on android, no issues what soever, So I'm leaning towards tap driver issues that the good team at torguard can solve soon, fingers crossed

Mick2020

Sorry guy's, i ment also install MS VISUAL STUDIO C++ in the torguard i installation menu 

Mick2020

It could even be somthing to do with the latest windows updates. There have been lots of problem's there also. 

Thrawn

Experiencing the same issues others have but using Norton Security suite & windows 7. Only way anything connects is to turn off TorGuard.

Support

Are you using the old Ad Block DNS by chance? if so change them or update your app.

Regards

C.C.

I have been using Kaspersky Free 20.0.14.1085(k) with adapter version v9.24.2/v9.21.2 and disabling protection did not work, and it was disconnecting multiple times an hour or after several hours at most.  Everything was working great until Kasperky did whatever they do, I hope they get their act together or I'll have to drop them and stop recommending people I know who actually need a premium antivirus purchase their product..

Rolling back to 9.9.2_3 has so far made things more stable with an uptime connection of 4 hours so far.    I'll post again if that changes, but so far so good.

Mystiky

Same problems here.  Using Kaspersky KAV (just the anti-virus) PAID VERSION 20.0.14.1085(k).  Forget about uTorrent -- I cannot access the internet in general after TorGuard is running for 10 seconds.  I tried UDP, TCP, whatever.  Been a user for 5+ years and now getting very frustrated and almost upset.

Support
5 hours ago, Mystiky said:

Same problems here.  Using Kaspersky KAV (just the anti-virus) PAID VERSION 20.0.14.1085(k).  Forget about uTorrent -- I cannot access the internet in general after TorGuard is running for 10 seconds.  I tried UDP, TCP, whatever.  Been a user for 5+ years and now getting very frustrated and almost upset.

Hey there, the solution right now is below, it seems to work well for users just now using Kaspersky::

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to  >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager

2) Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked, reboot!

3) Install this TAP driver >> http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe

4) Reboot again and retest TG again please.

We are in touch with Kaspersky and currently waiting on there app developers to resolve the problem.

Deejay
2 hours ago, Support said:

Hey there, the solution right now is below, it seems to work well for users just now using Kaspersky::

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to  >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager

2) Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked, reboot!

3) Install this TAP driver >> http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe

We are in touch with Kaspersky and currently waiting on there app developers to resolve the problem.

It only worked here when I took one more step. I went to the control panel and uninstalled the Tap-driver. Just uninstalling it in the device manager was not enough.

Support
2 minutes ago, Deejay said:

It only worked here when I took one more step. I went to the control panel and uninstalled the Tap-driver. Just uninstalling it in the device manager was not enough.

Thanks for the tip.

JAMB
2 hours ago, Support said:

I have followed this (as well as the post above about deleting it in control panel) but am still getting the same problem. I am not running Kaspersky - In fact the only thing I am running is the free Avast anti virus - so don't think this is just a Kaspersky problem. All work fine when Torguard not connected but when connected just says it can't connect to any site. Has been working fine in the weeks before (only signed up a couple of weeks ago) Think Avast did update so not sure if that has caused an issue or not? I am running Windows 10.

Dan_C

I think I am the lucky one, I did as I said in one of the first, and I am stilling running I do use kaspersky cloud not sure it makes a lot of diff. I just hope it gets fix for the rest of you.  or if Support need info I will gladly help

mysickpc

I have had the exact same issues and have been trying to resolve it for weeks now.  With all the talk of antivirus I tried uninstalling the free Panda Antivirus I had and it started working!  Looks like Panda did an update that included a VPN and it was causing issues.  VERY happy now!  :)

Mystiky

I confirm that using the following workaround given to me, it seems to work.  Again, this is using Kaspersky KAV.

Mystiky
Just now, Mystiky said:

I confirm that using the workaround (by removing TAP driver from both Program Installation and Network Adapters, and installing this TAP driver >> http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe, ) it seems to work.  Again, this is using Kaspersky KAV.

Zexy
15 hours ago, Support said:

Hi

I'm back to report as promised

i have been testing for a couple of days this version of the tap driver and awesome news! it works perfectly! torguard is working perfectly and extremely stable like it used to with kaspersky internet security 2020 on windows 10 x64 but only with the old tap driver

but i don't care!

as long as there is a way at least temporarily that's all i care about!

at least until newer versions of the tap driver are available that works with kaspersky

but i have a request 

please whenever you include a new version of the tap driver please always make sure to roll out the 9.9.2_3 tap driver version with the install as an option in case newer versions in the future have incompatibility issues with pc protection software so people can have a back up

i wish really that you don't stop including as an additional option the 9.9.2_3 driver with torguard's setup file until the driver is completely outdated or a version comes out that works with everything

thank you very very much!

all the best!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Falconian

Hi guys

After trying the solutions provided by other users and support (many thanks!) I can now say as of today I have a stable VPN connection and with Kaspersky Internet Security All options on. !!

My connection has been stable for more than 4 hours now so I hope this will remain the case.

The TAP driver uninstall and reinstall of the 9.9.2_3 did the trick.

If anything changes I will let you all know.

Kr

Falconian

Crank

Hi,

What's happening? I did the TAP driver uninstall/reinstall and is still doing the same thing. Everything was working fine up until about a week ago, then I get 10-20 seconds of Internet use over the VPN. I need this VPN to work. Please provide an easy solution asap.

I'm using TorGuard ver 3.99.1 and KIS ver 20.0.14.1085

Thanks,

BR.

Deejay
13 hours ago, Crank said:

Hi,

What's happening? I did the TAP driver uninstall/reinstall and is still doing the same thing. Everything was working fine up until about a week ago, then I get 10-20 seconds of Internet use over the VPN. I need this VPN to work. Please provide an easy solution asap.

I'm using TorGuard ver 3.99.1 and KIS ver 20.0.14.1085

Thanks,

BR.

Follow the steps proposed by Torguard support to uninstall the Tap-driver that is currently on your machine. Don't forget the additional step: uninstall the Tap-Windows Driver from the list of programs in the control panel. Restart the computer and do a new installation of Torguard but be sure to choose Tap-Windows Driver 9.9.2_3. It only worked here doing it that way.

rendez-Vu
On 6/23/2020 at 10:25 AM, Support said:

I can confirm that this fixed my issue. Been running TG and Kaspersky for 3 days now with no Internet connection issues.

Crank
19 hours ago, Deejay said:

Follow the steps proposed by Torguard support to uninstall the Tap-driver that is currently on your machine. Don't forget the additional step: uninstall the Tap-Windows Driver from the list of programs in the control panel. Restart the computer and do a new installation of Torguard but be sure to choose Tap-Windows Driver 9.9.2_3. It only worked here doing it that way.

Hi Deejay,

Thank you for your reply; however, I already followed those steps (and even did a second time for good measure), and it still cuts out after about 10-20 seconds.

Will there be a program update soon that will address this issue?

Thanks,

BR.