TorGuard

No internet access

Rate this question

Falconian

Question

Falconian

Hi guys

Been running Torguard smoothly for a few months now. Today I can’t find a decent server anywhere. It connects reasonably quick but after a few seconds there is no or slow internet access.  Anyone else having these issues?

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Support

• Dan_C

• ColorOfWar617

• Falconian

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Here is what I have done and it works for me, Settings - Additional - config extension rules and Specify trusted applications and add torguarddesktopQT.ex best of luck  

Sure thing. Well, it worked for a few minutes, but now it stopped working again. Back to turning off the Network Attack Blocker for now.

Posted Images

matemate

Same issue and Im using Kaspersky's Total Security. Tried adding to trusted applications and exclusions with no success, even turning off the network attack blocker does not resolve it for me :(

Support
5 hours ago, matemate said:

Same issue and Im using Kaspersky's Total Security. Tried adding to trusted applications and exclusions with no success, even turning off the network attack blocker does not resolve it for me :(

Please try the following:

We are looking for the cause -  click on the Firewall section, then --> Configure application rules --> Click the dropdown next to SCHäUFFELHUT BERGER GMBH, for TorGuardDesktopQT.exe, right-click and go to network then click click Allow

Retest please

Falconian

I tried all the tips but the problem remains. I get a quick verified connection, a web page opens and then no more internet. 

BoogieMan

Same here, I can't get any internet access while connected to the Torguard VPN. I've tried the following:

Deleted AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC folder

Disabled Kaspersky web wttack feature

Removed Kaspersky browser extension

Closed Kaspersky

Tried about 20 different combinations of protocols and hosts

Reinstalled Torguard

I have been without Torguard usage for about 4 days now, which is when I installed Kaspersky (paid version) after a new installation of my OS.

jas999
On 6/17/2020 at 9:31 AM, Dan_C said:

got a email from them

Please click More Settings-> Restore Defaults- > Save on Torguard app
Then Network tab
Make sure the “block outside DNS” box is checked ( Windows Only )
Check “Clean Cache" then "Refresh Cache" in that order.
Uncheck “Look up server hostname before connecting”
Locate three drop downs under the "use these nameservers" section
Choose None under the first 2 of them and set DNS when VPN is connected to VPN DNS.
Choose DNS state Recovery as- Auto recover
Click Save and restart App first
Try to Connect and test again

This is also happening with bitdefender thankfully this appears to have to have fixed it for me but deleting the folder did nothing until i also did this 

5 hours ago, Support said:

Please try the following:

We are looking for the cause -  click on the Firewall section, then --> Configure application rules --> Click the dropdown next to SCHäUFFELHUT BERGER GMBH, for TorGuardDesktopQT.exe, right-click and go to network then click click Allow

Retest please

i am here to report that I also am suffering from this problem, i also have kaspersky, and i tried this and all the suggestions here and nothing worked, i was hopeful that version 3.99.1 will get this fixed but unfortunetly i just downloaded it and installed it and the same thing happened and the problem wasn't fixed😔

i really don't want to have to give up on neither torguard or kaspersky they are both great and it is devastating

please keep us updated...

😔🌹

Support
11 minutes ago, Zexy said:

i am here to report that I also am suffering from this problem, i also have kaspersky, and i tried this and all the suggestions here and nothing worked, i was hopeful that version 3.99.1 will get this fixed but unfortunetly i just downloaded it and installed it and the same thing happened and the problem wasn't fixed😔

i really don't want to have to give up on neither torguard or kaspersky they are both great and it is devastating

please keep us updated...

😔🌹

Just for testing sakes guys can you disable "Network Attack Blocker" and "System watcher" - on testing these seemed to have worked, we are seeing if some time passes the issue reappears, we will keep you updated.

Regards

7 hours ago, Support said:

Just for testing sakes guys can you disable "Network Attack Blocker" and "System watcher" - on testing these seemed to have worked, we are seeing if some time passes the issue reappears, we will keep you updated.

Regards

i just tried both, unfortunately it did not work😔

i also tried in addition to those to disable application control

also did not work 

i have tried a network reset on windows 10, did not work

cleared system cache, and

cleared local user temp,

windows temp,

flushed my dns manually,

i tried everything and it doesn't work😔 

kaspersky seems persistent on blocking the connection

please keep us updated and i will co-operate with you and try anything you suggest and report back as soon as possible

🌹

obsidianRaider

The Torguard Ad Blocking DNS went away. Maybe your VPN references these VPN servers that no longer exist. Had Internet connectivity issue this morning but figured it out

aaa.png

1 hour ago, obsidianRaider said:

The Torguard Ad Blocking DNS went away. Maybe your VPN references these VPN servers that no longer exist. Had Internet connectivity issue this morning but figured it out

aaa.png

yeah, that is not the cause, i don't know if you checked other posts but the only common and unifying reason behind this is kaspersky internet security and recently people started reporting the same is happening with bitdefender

i have tried all the DNS alternatives and it didn't do anything so i don't believe that is the actual cause of this issue

it is a software conflict between torguard and kaspersky and bitdefender 

i hope there will be a fix soon it is very annoying to people especially how common kaspersky and bitdefender use is.

Deejay

Same here! What I tried: disabled all features of KIS. Do not work.

Now: unsintalled K.I.S. and all works fine!

PS: Sorry for my english.

Same issue for me, I added TG to the exclusions list and it still doesn't work  however if I pause Kaspersky (I am only using antivirus) it works.

bigbarnes1

i've fixed it guys make sure you've removed old virus software completely  using there removal tools on there website.Also completely remove your existing virus software  and reinstall it.

Deejay
2 hours ago, bigbarnes1 said:

i've fixed it guys make sure you've removed old virus software completely  using there removal tools on there website.Also completely remove your existing virus software  and reinstall it.

Are You sure about that? I reinstalled KIS twice and do not work! Never had a old version only that.

electrovisor

After being in contact with both Torguard and kaspersky support, trying all fixes (turning off KIS functionality including firewall, system watcher, network attack blocker, as well as adding Torguard client to all possible exclusions), it seems KIS is blocking the DNS server, not the Torguard client itself.

Torguard getting in touch with KIS to resolve this shows how great their support is! Thanks Torguard :) 

SharpTip

I've noticed that, I have been only getting only 1 hr of connection time (TG Client)per session. Then I have to go thru the tedious motion again by: clicking on Disconnect, More Settings, Then Network tab, “block outside DNS” box is checked ( Windows Only ), click “Clean Cache" then "Refresh Cache", "Look up server hostname before connecting” is unchecked, Choosing None under the first 2 of them and set DNS when VPN is connected to VPN DNS, DNS state Recovery as Auto recover, Click Save and restart TG Client; thus clicking on Connect  - to start the client once again. Every hour on the hour of "Conn Time", with a pain..

I am having the same issue. Says its connected but won't connect to any sites just says server can't be found. I am not running Kaspersky or bitdefender. I only have Avast (free version) installed have just seen it has updated so maybe there is something in there that has caused this issue?? Everything works fine when not Connected to Torguard

Mick2020

All i did was reinstall the latest torguard, but this time install tap ver 9.9.2_3 and ms visual c++ redidist, and all will be ok with kaspersky, its not the first time kaspersky has reaked havoc with tap drivers, hopefully there is a fix soon, hope this helps guys.

Support
1 minute ago, Mick2020 said:

All i did was reinstall the latest torguard, but this time install tap ver 9.9.2_3 and ms visual c++ redidist, and all will be ok with kaspersky, its not the first time kaspersky has reaked havoc with tap drivers, hopefully there is a fix soon, hope this helps guys.

Hey Mick - thanks for reporting this, what version of windows are you on?

Mick2020

I went so far as uninstalling kaspersky, installing avast payed ver, did not like avast, "but torguard worked fine with that combo", so i did a full backup, reinstall win 10, reinstall kaspersky, installed latest torguard, and same shit, and by this time my head is just about to pop, and i remembered way back with tap drivers and kaspersky issues, so the only tap that worked for me was 9.9.2.3 

Deejay
1 hour ago, Mick2020 said:

I went so far as uninstalling kaspersky, installing avast payed ver, did not like avast, "but torguard worked fine with that combo", so i did a full backup, reinstall win 10, reinstall kaspersky, installed latest torguard, and same shit, and by this time my head is just about to pop, and i remembered way back with tap drivers and kaspersky issues, so the only tap that worked for me was 9.9.2.3 

I tested it here and it didn't work! I'm thinking of buying Norton and abandoning KIS.
I read in an article that the Russian government asked several VPN companies to block an IP list of websites. They all refused! Including Torguard. The only one that accepted was Kaspersky. It may even be a conspiracy theory, but I think this DNS block has something to do with it.