TorGuard

How can I use AdGuard DNS with TorGuard on iOS?

randomUser1342

Question

randomUser1342

I can’t figure out how to use AdGuard DNS with the TorGuard iOS app. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: To clarify - I can add AdGuard's DNS IP addresses in iOS settings, but those settings aren't utilized when TorGuard (via the iOS app) is connected. On the desktop TorGuard app, it's easy to add custom DNS settings, but I can't find a similar option within the limited settings on the iOS app.

3 answers to this question

ABrownCBR

you can't since they haven't updated the app in almost a year but, there is an app called passepartout on the app store which lets you use ovpn files and customize the dns settings and some other stuff

gilby

You need to use the Adguard app.  But, I think you need the Premium in app purchase or get Adguard Pro for the DNS redirection.  Both hook the Adguard software into the network stack by configuring as a local VPN server.  As well as ad/tracker blocking, it intercepts and redirects DNS requests to DNS server of your choice (including the Adguard DNS).  Either version of Adguard is compatible with using the TorGuard iOS VPN app at the same time.

randomUser1342

Thanks for the insights! I figured it wasn’t going to be as simple as finding a hidden setting, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. I guess I’ll use TorGuard with another VPN app that offers more settings.