TorGuard

Authentication Issue - June 1st 2020 (Resolved)

Support

Hey guys,

As you may know, we had another 2 hour outage on our backend, we apologise for this we are investigating this right now.

After our initial checks it looks like we had another connectivity issue between our backend auth servers to our DB's, the problem seems to reside with a new piece of equipment we installed (firewall) a couple of month back, we will get this resolved for good, today!

You may see some temp issues through the day as we might need to reboot a couple of servers and the equipment on a couple of occasions.

Thanks for your understanding.

TorGuard

anonymous1
3 hours ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

As you may know, we had another 2 hour outage on our backend, we apologise for this we are investigating this right now.

After our initial checks it looks like we had another connectivity issue between our backend auth servers to our DB's, the problem seems to reside with a new piece of equipment we installed (firewall) a couple of month back, we will get this resolved for good, today!

You may see some temp issues through the day as we might need to reboot a couple of servers and the equipment on a couple of occasions.

Thanks for your understanding.

TorGuard

It still is not working for me, even updating to v3.98.13      I need a fix asap, much on line work to do.

Support
39 minutes ago, anonymous1 said:

It still is not working for me, even updating to v3.98.13      I need a fix asap, much on line work to do.

If you have a login failed message, change your password here https://torguard.net/managecredentials.php

Its all back up and running.

Regards

Gilman

100% NOT fixed, just changed my password and still giving issues.

Guess i need to go shop for a new vpn.

Support
37 minutes ago, Kukivu said:

Hi staff!

Just so you know we are June 1st 2020 (title says May) 🙂

Thank you 😉

Support
1 hour ago, Gilman said:

100% NOT fixed, just changed my password and still giving issues.

Guess i need to go shop for a new vpn.

It is fixed, it has been throughly tested - please double check your username and password here https://torguard.net/managecredentials.php (top section)

Regards

June1Downtime

When I hit connect, it takes me back to the Connect screen again.  I have made sure to input the correct password and did a password reset multiple times.

NeoRocket

"Failed to open \\.\Global\{F7D15982-3E85-44DB-B927-35235B337F2A}.tap" Is what I have been getting since last night. About a half hour after login issue was declared all better that was the new error code to replace failed login. Either way I have not been on TorGuard network since Sun afternoon. Starting to lose hope. Submitted ticket and got reply to uninstall TorGuard and Tap. Which i had done several times but with the added delete two folders deep inside OS. SO I did that. Along with the restarts and reinstalls all while keeping Zonealarm disabled. No joy. Just that same seemingly permanent error. Been happy user for near 18 months here. Have to go for now. Spent last 2.5 hours trying to get this going. I have real life commitments and just don't have time to be a tech diagnostician. This is sad. Techs "improving crap" and so often breaking it in the process. Most techs I know do NOT follow the mantra, if it ain't broke don't fix it. This is getting very frustrating.

Support
3 hours ago, NeoRocket said:

"Failed to open \\.\Global\{F7D15982-3E85-44DB-B927-35235B337F2A}.tap" Is what I have been getting since last night. About a half hour after login issue was declared all better that was the new error code to replace failed login. Either way I have not been on TorGuard network since Sun afternoon. Starting to lose hope. Submitted ticket and got reply to uninstall TorGuard and Tap. Which i had done several times but with the added delete two folders deep inside OS. SO I did that. Along with the restarts and reinstalls all while keeping Zonealarm disabled. No joy. Just that same seemingly permanent error. Been happy user for near 18 months here. Have to go for now. Spent last 2.5 hours trying to get this going. I have real life commitments and just don't have time to be a tech diagnostician. This is sad. Techs "improving crap" and so often breaking it in the process. Most techs I know do NOT follow the mantra, if it ain't broke don't fix it. This is getting very frustrating.

Hello Neo,

Im sorry to hear of your troubles, your issue sounds more like a TAP driver issue rather than a credential issue - have you removed all tap drivers from your device manager? have you stopped all security features of Zone alarm for testing sakes?

If all else fails we can login and have a look for you but the issue last night was not related to a TAP driver.

Regards

• Support unfeatured and unpinned this topic