TorGuard
Support

WireGuard on the Way! (In Development)

Rate this question

Question

Support

Hello everyone,

We seem to be receiving more and more questions about WireGuard recently due to the extreme difference in speeds over other protocols, our developers are working hard on integrating into our Desktop apps at first and then mobile apps thereafter - our WireGuard integration will support Dedicated IP's, Port forwards, Streaming/Residential IP's and support ALL locations.

We know everyone is hoping for a design update, there will be some small changes soon but not drastic, we really don't want to change things drastically, our functionality and app flow/security is more important, the app flow will change but again not drastically, remember it's not about how one looks, it's what's inside 😉

Best Regards

TorGuard

• Like 7

Chinaa108

No it’s not working on dedicated yet, I’m trying one of the other servers. 

cy912

Any update on wireguard being available for windows platform?

James8078
12 hours ago, Chinaa108 said:

I have this weird issue whilst using wireguard on ddwrt. My Samsung Tv is setup to use this router and all other apps work on it exceeding well except for Netflix. I have similar issues on my MacBook Pro, is this normal? Speed tests are fine and so is fast dot com, iplayer and all other are good! Anyone tried this?

You cant stream Netflix with wireguard yet

kratoscratus1891

Any updates for WG? ☺

NightStalkerTX

Please, please, please do some releases for RPi devices, especially RPi 4. Wireguard is perfect for those.

Support
On 7/4/2020 at 2:49 AM, kratoscratus1891 said:

Any updates for WG? ☺

We hope a beta will be out this week - we have hit some bumps but getting there.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:50 PM, NightStalkerTX said:

Please, please, please do some releases for RPi devices, especially RPi 4. Wireguard is perfect for those.

I promise we will :)

• Like 1

jpgk82
6 hours ago, Support said:

We hope a beta will be out this week - we have hit some bumps but getting there.

I promise we will :)

How do we get these betas? 

Support
3 hours ago, jpgk82 said:

How do we get these betas? 

We will place a notification in your client area once we have them available.

Regards

• Like 1

Morphy

Will WG support port forwarding? 

Support
2 hours ago, Morphy said:

Will WG support port forwarding? 

It will indeed yes.

• Like 1

Morphy

Any chance to be considered to get a beta test or something? :D

Chinaa108

Hi Support, any further updates on this? Please. 

Marcos

Oh yes, please, give us at least access to the beta.

It's taking so long, oh God!

ABrownCBR

will the beta also include mobile devices or is it just for the desktops for now

NullTotality
On 6/19/2020 at 12:59 PM, NullTotality said:

You said "today" two days ago 🙁

🐌Exactly one month ago.

Support
36 minutes ago, NullTotality said:

🐌Exactly one month ago.

Unfortunately we ran into some issues while testing which we are in the process of correcting, these things happen, it will be ready when its ready, we can’t give you exact times but what I can tell you is, all servers will be setup but WG within 3 days, our WG is currently working within the TG client, we are now doing some regression testing.

Regards

John19
48 minutes ago, Support said:

Unfortunately we ran into some issues while testing which we are in the process of correcting, these things happen, it will be ready when its ready, we can’t give you exact times but what I can tell you is, all servers will be setup but WG within 3 days, our WG is currently working within the TG client, we are now doing some regression testing.

Regards

For applications like VPNs, where security is everything, I don't mind waiting a little longer for a new feature if it's just not ready yet. So please take the time you need to implement it safely and perfectly! But next time, please try not to specify an exact time frame, like you did with this WG release.

Yes, things can happen and you were probably just excited about bringing WG to your customers, but a simple marketing advice:

Never promise a time frame unless it is 100% guaranteed to work.

I would have preferred it if you had said "We're working on it and it's coming this summer" instead of the first "2/3 weeks" and then the beta "by the end of this week". Maybe it would have worked in the first 2/3 weeks time frame! - But it's better to positively surprise your customers than getting customers mad about "broken promises". 

So maybe for the next time, keep the time frame more vague. Sure, many people will ask you about it every day, as they are excited! But I think it's better to have excited customers asking you every day about a feature than customers who are mad about a broken promise.

Support
7 minutes ago, John19 said:

For applications like VPNs, where security is everything, I don't mind waiting a little longer for a new feature if it's just not ready yet. So please take the time you need to implement it safely and perfectly! But next time, please try not to specify an exact time frame, like you did with this WG release.

Yes, things can happen and you were probably just excited about bringing WG to your customers, but a simple marketing advice:

Never promise a time frame unless it is 100% guaranteed to work.

I would have preferred it if you had said "We're working on it and it's coming this summer" instead of the first "2/3 weeks" and then the beta "by the end of this week". Maybe it would have worked in the first 2/3 weeks time frame! - But it's better to positively surprise your customers than getting customers mad about "broken promises". 

So maybe for the next time, keep the time frame more vague. Sure, many people will ask you about it every day, as they are excited! But I think it's better to have excited customers asking you every day about a feature than customers who are mad about a broken promise.

I 100% agree, my bad 😕

• Like 1

okay

Thanks for working on this, really looking forward to using it. All the best.

@Support I did not read whole thread and maybe I missed the info, but there are some issues with nolog policy and wireguard, different vpn's applied different solutions where not all of them are really "no logging". One of those things would be client address being saved somewhere after successful connection.

Morphy

No logging policy is no logging policy, why should wireguard be any different? :)

14 hours ago, Morphy said:

No logging policy is no logging policy, why should wireguard be any different? :)

different is that your VPN provider should actually tell you how it resolves some critical privacy concerns, one example would be wireguard saving by default connected ip addresses on the server which are by default saved indefinitely as long as server is not rebooted. Some claimed that exactly this point makes wireguard incompatible with no-log policies.

Different vpn providers have now different solutions which might let some feel better and some staying concerned. I am interested in how torguard is resolving (as already available) or plans to do

There are (?were?) also other issues with wireguard from which I would assume torguard team is well aware.

Support
7 hours ago, 19807409 said:

different is that your VPN provider should actually tell you how it resolves some critical privacy concerns, one example would be wireguard saving by default connected ip addresses on the server which are by default saved indefinitely as long as server is not rebooted. Some claimed that exactly this point makes wireguard incompatible with no-log policies.

Different vpn providers have now different solutions which might let some feel better and some staying concerned. I am interested in how torguard is resolving (as already available) or plans to do

There are (?were?) also other issues with wireguard from which I would assume torguard team is well aware.

We are well aware guys and we resolve these issues with our implementation - this is part of the reason things are a little delayed but just to let you know:

1) All servers now support WireGuard but only from the TG client implementation - so the whole network is now ready.

2) We have WireGuard running inside TG just fine, we are just working out some small issues as we need to have it working with all the features we provide including dedicated IP's.

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 10.08.33.png

3) Its very fast indeed!

Regards

• Like 1

spartan34

That’s awesome, thank you!

Quick follow-up question.  Once WireGuard is setup with dedicated IPs — will that also be offered for the premium residential streaming IP’s like the ones offered/leased from Charter/Spectrum?

Thanks again!  Very exciting...

thanks for reply

1) All servers now support WireGuard but only from the TG client implementation - so the whole network is now ready.

does it mean that all servers (shared ip's) can not be used without torguard client? I hope not or you have torguard client for all architectures, even if one has to enable it on the account would be better than not to be able at all to use all servers.

Seeing a pic and version number I assume it is already compiled and ready to release, that's good. I also assume torguard will make some sort of announcement after release of how you handle those different issues connected to wireguard as in your reply it seems you can not reply before the release happened, at least it sounds to me that way.

I tested last few weeks a little bit more and those enabled wireguard servers work pretty stable and well everywhere, on android I have issues, but this is probably connected to wireguard and not torguard, will be interesting to see if same issues persist with torguard app on android, btw, will android's version support wireguard?