TorGuard
Support

WireGuard on the Way! (In Development)

Rate this question

Question

Support

Hello everyone,

We seem to be receiving more and more questions about WireGuard recently due to the extreme difference in speeds over other protocols, our developers are working hard on integrating into our Desktop apps at first and then mobile apps thereafter - our WireGuard integration will support Dedicated IP's, Port forwards, Streaming/Residential IP's and support ALL locations.

We know everyone is hoping for a design update, there will be some small changes soon but not drastic, we really don't want to change things drastically, our functionality and app flow/security is more important, the app flow will change but again not drastically, remember it's not about how one looks, it's what's inside 😉

Best Regards

TorGuard

• Like 7

Support
8 hours ago, schwartzenheimer said:

Hi - I've been using WireGuard on my GL-AR750S router for the past month or so, and really like it.  However, the number and location of US servers that support WireGuard seems limited to NY.  When will you be enabling WireGuard on other US-based servers, particularly on the West Coast?  My ping times now are 140+ ms, and the latency more than erases the advantage of the WireGuard protocol.

Thanks for any info...

It will be enabled on ALL locations :)

Support
8 hours ago, James8078 said:

You said , WIREGUARD and dedicated IP,  if we already have dedicated ip with open VPN , we have to pay more I guess if you want Wg dedicated ip.?

Thanks

You will not have to pay anymore than you pay currently, its completely free to switch your IP to wrieguard, you will be able to do this from the fixed IP's page once its available.

Regards

• Thanks 1

g2159687

Any updates towards this? 3 weeks have passed :P

John19
On 6/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, Support said:

I was a bit optimistic I admit, also excited but yes thats very true, theres always something that holds you back once you set a time limit and I can understand users getting frustrated, rest assured we are working as fast as we can, we have had our fair share of issues to fix, we are very close though, the tricky parts are done :)

Thanks for your patience everyone.

I'm really glad to see how active you guys are working on WireGuard, and I'd rather see a working implementation with a bit of a delay than a non functional on-time one.

But it would be really awesome if you'd start looking into other features to implement afterwards as well :) for example, TorGuard is PERFECT for streaming with the nice streaming IPs, but when I use them I only use them to, well, actually stream. But currently my entire PC has to be connected to the VPN, as there is no split tunneling on PC. I do get that split tunneling isn't easy to implement (especially for Windows, Mac and Linux), but maybe you can figure it out :) 

Or you could find a way to allow streaming IPs to be used with the browser extension? So that they basically support proxy?

It would really improve the streaming experience a lot if I could stream my US Netflix while the rest of my system is still connected to my normal internet :)

And I'd even "forgive" if you don't do much with the UI of the apps if you could figure this one (and other long time requested features) out, I do prefer features over design.

But anyways, thanks for your great work!

• Like 1

schwartzenheimer

Hi - I've been using WireGuard on my GL-AR750S router for the past month or so, and really like it.  However, the number and location of US servers that support WireGuard seems limited to NY.  When will you be enabling WireGuard on other US-based servers, particularly on the West Coast?  My ping times now are 140+ ms, and the latency more than erases the advantage of the WireGuard protocol.

Thanks for any info...

James8078

You said , WIREGUARD and dedicated IP,  if we already have dedicated ip with open VPN , we have to pay more I guess if you want Wg dedicated ip.?

Thanks

James8078
1 hour ago, Support said:

You will not have to pay anymore than you pay currently, its completely free to switch your IP to wrieguard, you will be able to do this from the fixed IP's page once its available.

Regards

Great. Available soon?

mrneilypops

Excellent news! Looking forward to a speed boost with my residential IPs 

BluePoet

If possible, can you add router support for WireGuard for dedicated IPs?

secretprobation

Are there plans to add obfuscation to wireguard servers?

Enigma38dk

Its 2/3 weeks later now and still no updates of any kind..??  😕

Support

It's not far away guys, we have a release pushing today with all internal work about done, we are nearly there!

Regards

• Thanks 1

Enigma38dk

sounds good

Stung
8 hours ago, Support said:

It's not far away guys, we have a release pushing today with all internal work about done, we are nearly there!

Regards

Great news! Looking forward this this update!

Enigma38dk

Well...  still no  update.....😕

NullTotality

You said "today" two days ago 🙁

Enigma38dk

yeah.. this is silly.. think iam gonna switch to another VPN company..

Support
27 minutes ago, NullTotality said:

You said "today" two days ago 🙁

5 minutes ago, Enigma38dk said:

yeah.. this is silly.. think iam gonna switch to another VPN company..

The release I mentioned is not the WireGuard release - its a release that fixes a few bugs outside of WireGuard but has all internal code done for supporting WireGuard, due to the fixes involved it will be released hopefully today or tomorrow, again this will not be the official WireGuard release, maybe I was a little optimistic at first but all I can tell you is its very close (the official WireGuard release)

Regards

Enigma38dk

so  weeks or even months before a wireguard / IKEv2 app for windows......  meeeh.

Support
4 hours ago, Enigma38dk said:

so  weeks or even months before a wireguard / IKEv2 app for windows......  meeeh.

No, not weeks or months, very soon, I hate to put a time on it as things can go wrong during testing, its nearly there, could be next week could be the following could be much quicker - theres a lot more to do than we thought initially so this is why its took a little longer than expected.

Stung
4 hours ago, Support said:

No, not weeks or months, very soon, I hate to put a time on it as things can go wrong during testing, its nearly there, could be next week could be the following could be much quicker - theres a lot more to do than we thought initially so this is why its took a little longer than expected.

I work in IT so one thing I have learned is once you promise a time saying it will be done by, something always goes wrong and it takes twice as long as you thought it would. The new update you guys are working on is a big improvement/change and I think the users are excited to see it and use it. I know I am.

• Like 2

Support
55 minutes ago, Stung said:

I work in IT so one thing I have learned is once you promise a time saying it will be done by, something always goes wrong and it takes twice as long as you thought it would. The new update you guys are working on is a big improvement/change and I think the users are excited to see it and use it. I know I am.

I was a bit optimistic I admit, also excited but yes thats very true, theres always something that holds you back once you set a time limit and I can understand users getting frustrated, rest assured we are working as fast as we can, we have had our fair share of issues to fix, we are very close though, the tricky parts are done :)

Thanks for your patience everyone.

• Like 1

BluePoet

My need is apparently different than some others. I also use it for streaming, but I connect my devices now to a router currently running dd-wrt. I would love to change to WireGuard.

Agree, though, that it is worth taking time to perfect before release, if it is coming at all.

James8078
1 hour ago, BluePoet said:

My need is apparently different than some others. I also use it for streaming, but I connect my devices now to a router currently running dd-wrt. I would love to change to WireGuard.

Agree, though, that it is worth taking time to perfect before release, if it is coming at all.

You just have to use wireguard with dd wrt

Support
2 hours ago, BluePoet said:

It's coming, don't worry about that :)

We are just making sure its ready for production release, the last thing we want to do is push it without the appropriate testing.

• Like 1