TorGuard
cristav

Can't install TorGuard-v3.98.12-amd64 on openSUSE leap 15.1

Rate this question

Question

cristav

Trying to install last torguard-v3.98.12-amd64.rpm on my openSUSE leap 15.1 but it failing dependency.

When I try to run "rpm -i ./torguard-latest-amd64.rpm"
I get this message:

error: Failed dependencies:
       libxkbcommon-x11 is needed by torguard-3.98.12-0.x86_64

When I check in YAST libxkbcommon-x11 is installed.

Before this all linux client version worked well, no problem to install. I use  linux client from more then 2 years.

Now I'm forced back to clasic openVPN in network manager but is a pain in the ass.

Need to find out connection IP (X.X.X.X) and after to add iptables rule in firewall to act like kill switch.

"iptables -A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT && iptables -A OUTPUT -d X.X.X.X -j ACCEPT && iptables -A OUTPUT -j DROP"

But if VPN connection drop I need a restart to clean my firewall rule every time.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

image.png.de4cc37cc307ac176f88f34fa88cc79b.png

3 answers to this question

Snidely

Well, you have libxkbcommon, so you could try "rpm -i --nodeps torguard-latest-amd64.rpm"

It's likely just a package basename mismatch for the dependency. libxkbcommon-x11 vs. libxkbcommon-x11-0 on your distro.

This is provided that you have all other dependencies that the torguard client needs. At worst, torguard won't work and you can simply remove the rpm again.

linux.user

hi. I am getting this exact same issue also on opensuse leap.

I tried to install libxkbcommon-x11-devel but is was still failing to install.

I also don't know what to do other than to continue using the recent issue of Torguard. 

It's funny as when I installed it on another system (Linux Mint), there was no  issue in upgrading it.

cristav
1 hour ago, Snidely said:

Well, you have libxkbcommon, so you could try "rpm -i --nodeps torguard-latest-amd64.rpm"

It's likely just a package basename mismatch for the dependency. libxkbcommon-x11 vs. libxkbcommon-x11-0 on your distro.

This is provided that you have all other dependencies that the torguard client needs. At worst, torguard won't work and you can simply remove the rpm again.

--nodeps worked!

Thanks 🍺