Rate this question

Question

gp3000

Never mind found it.

17 answers to this question

laflame
On 5/9/2020 at 12:07 PM, gp3000 said:

Never mind found it.

Hey, I am having the same problem, can you please tell me where you found them?

HideAndGoSeek

Yes please, where is the list now?

RyDze

From what i can tell there is no longer a page that lists socks5/proxy IP addresses to manually connect to it now just redirects to the global server list page. So it must have been removed*.

I notice that all the guides now direct users to use these for proxy configuration>>
Host: proxy.torguard.org or proxy.torguard.io

The list of IP addresses to manually configure/choose specific IP's to use seems to be removed.

Likely you can connect to addresses listed on the Global Network > https://torguard.net/network/ , by selecting a location such as > dn.secureconnect.me however doing so would assign you a random IP for that location if it worked* However! the server network page does not list socks5 as a protocol the servers support. I can not locate ANY page that lists IP's to connect to for socks 5 anymore and i spent 15 minutes looking.

I am not sure what is going on but there seems to be a serious lack of communication to customers in regards to alot of things like the windows client has been updated 3-4 times over the past couple months and there has been no change log or updates to customers what the updates changed or anything. And serious changes/modification to the site like removing the proxy/socks5 server list page and other things, i personally am not overjoyed with the lack of communication it leaves me wondering...... hmm.

HideAndGoSeek

The OP claims to have found it. I wish he'd report back here. Maybe he found it but now it really is gone?

marccc31
17 minutes ago, RyDze said:

From what i can tell there is no longer a page that lists socks5/proxy IP addresses to manually connect to it now just redirects to the global server list page. So it must have been removed*.

I notice that all the guides now direct users to use these for proxy configuration>>
Host: proxy.torguard.org or proxy.torguard.io

The list of IP addresses to manually configure/choose specific IP's to use seems to be removed.

Likely you can connect to addresses listed on the Global Network > https://torguard.net/network/ , by selecting a location such as > dn.secureconnect.me however doing so would assign you a random IP for that location if it worked* However! the server network page does not list socks5 as a protocol the servers support. I can not locate ANY page that lists IP's to connect to for socks 5 anymore and i spent 15 minutes looking.

I am not sure what is going on but there seems to be a serious lack of communication to customers in regards to alot of things like the windows client has been updated 3-4 times over the past couple months and there has been no change log or updates to customers what the updates changed or anything. And serious changes/modification to the site like removing the proxy/socks5 server list page and other things, i personally am not overjoyed with the lack of communication it leaves me wondering...... hmm.

I totally agree with the lack of communication. I suddenly had a bunch of applications that I had set up to run through various proxy addresses suddenly stop working. This would have been nice to know in advance.

marccc31

I sent in a Ticket and received this response:

We only provide the hostnames currently as IP's regularly change, it lets users take advantage of load-balancing - you can ping the hostname and use the IP's returned.

Could someone please tell me how to ping the host name and get the IP address and port# to use as a SOCKS5 or HTTPs address in my Proxifier app?

HideAndGoSeek

Interesting, Each time you ping you get a different IP address. Pick one you like, I guess.  You could run "whois" or something similar to see what country the IP is from. In my examples, the 68.* address are in Canada where I am, the slow 46.* is in England.

$ ping proxy.torguard.org
PING proxy.secureconnect.me (68.71.244.102) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 68.71.244.102 (68.71.244.102): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=51.9 ms
64 bytes from 68.71.244.102 (68.71.244.102): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=48.4 ms
64 bytes from 68.71.244.102 (68.71.244.102): icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=47.9 ms
--- proxy.secureconnect.me ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 4 received, 20% packet loss, time 170ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 47.949/49.793/51.918/1.656 ms

PING proxy.secureconnect.me (68.71.244.66) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 68.71.244.66 (68.71.244.66): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=62.10 ms
64 bytes from 68.71.244.66 (68.71.244.66): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=54.8 ms
64 bytes from 68.71.244.66 (68.71.244.66): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=48.5 ms
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 163ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 48.464/55.403/62.979/5.945 ms

PING proxy.secureconnect.me (46.23.78.24) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 46.23.78.24 (46.23.78.24): icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=224 ms
64 bytes from 46.23.78.24 (46.23.78.24): icmp_seq=2 ttl=56 time=169 ms
64 bytes from 46.23.78.24 (46.23.78.24): icmp_seq=3 ttl=56 time=168 ms
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 381ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 167.373/182.130/224.048/24.217 ms

marccc31

problem with this is that these ip addresses that are being returned via Ping are not working as SOCKS5 proxy.

image.png.c533c9dbbdf456a0b20c8212ac1825df.png

[47:50] Testing Started.
    Proxy Server
    Address:    88.202.183.61:1080
    Protocol:    SOCKS 5
    Authentication: YES

[47:50] Starting: Test 1: Connection to the Proxy Server
[47:50] IP Address: 88.202.183.61
[47:51] Could not connect to 88.202.183.61:1080
    No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.
    Check your network connection and make sure that the proxy server address and port are correct.
    Also the error may indicate that the proxy server is down.
[47:51] Test failed.
[47:51] Testing Finished.

ucmikesb
On 5/9/2020 at 12:07 PM, gp3000 said:

Never mind found it.

All my SOCKS5 proxy connections are broken as well. I paid for a year of these proxies, what the hell is going on?!?!? Looks like this is the last year I will be a torguard member.

Gnome

Same issue here. This will be my last year of this service.  Anyone have a good list of proxy providers besides NordVPN, which is always a good one.

RyDze

I am the in the same boat this is just unacceptable. If i use >> Host: proxy.torguard.org or proxy.torguard.io for the socks5 in settings of my client the ip changes randomly causing my client To display a proxy / connection error. And like the other people are saying above if you PING for a specific IP alot of them don't work. The way things are right now i would consider Socks5 to be unsupported if its this unreliable it is unsupported.

gp3000

I swear I had accidentally found it a few weeks ago but it's nowhere to be found now lol.

I don't know whether it's still included with my subscription or not but I'm sure that was the case for 4+ years now.

HideAndGoSeek

I had to switch my proxy settings from a Torguard IP address to "proxy.torguard.org". It's been working intermittently for a week or two but now it hasn't connected for a day or so.

Support
14 hours ago, HideAndGoSeek said:

I had to switch my proxy settings from a Torguard IP address to "proxy.torguard.org". It's been working intermittently for a week or two but now it hasn't connected for a day or so.

Hi everyone - SOCKS5 proxies are still included of course through our hostnames - we will supply a list shortly after we make some changes :)

Regards

Thor
On 5/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, Support said:

Hi everyone - SOCKS5 proxies are still included of course through our hostnames - we will supply a list shortly after we make some changes :)

Regards

Is there an ETA for the proxy list?

Dashy

Any chance of this being updated? My connection through the URL is very poor dropping out and is particularly slow. Wish I'd kept the 185.xx.xx.xx IP address I had previously used.