TorGuard

TorGuard VPN Speeds - What are you getting?

Rate this topic

I am actually used to say in percentage how much I get on my VPN's. I am using TorGuard since many years, depending on your hardware/ISP/Protocol, TorGuard servers can give you 100% and more, yes, you read it correctly.

For those who are lucky having ISP which actually forgot to restrict few things like my, upload becomes equal to download, like instead of 250/50 I get 250/250, meaning download is 100% and upload speed is 500% of what I pay for. ISP is cable provider (fibre), here example with 250Mb/50Mb connection :) and my hystou on a quite heavy loaded network:

Hystou (Fanless Mini PC FMP07B-i3-7100U) (HYSZ180000156)

9636386-9.jpg

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from M247 Ltd (37.120.155.10)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Magenta Telekom (Vienna) [10.24 km]: 15.294 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 241.52 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 290.99 Mbit/s

THERE IS NO VPN PROVIDER COMING CLOSE TO 🐼 TORGUARD 🐼, LOOK AT THIS WHICH GOES SINCE OVER 5 YEARS, IT SAVES 💰

Considering that paying my ISP to get the speed which I get with TorGuard would cost in my country around additional € 200 month, hell yes, not comparable to the price of TorGuard :), to understand better what I mean, my first test gives me already more Upload than my ISP offers on download, hehe, here additional tests:

9671229149.png

9671232566.png

9671224153.png

9671235721.png

As for hardware, I read somewhere that somebody is going for i3/i5/i7 server for such things. Well, I've done it all, an i3 will get you full speed for sure. I actually used multiple connections at the same time and let that device act as 4 gateways. I used for hystou device with 6 gbit ports that https://www.hystou.com/, that device never breaks, no problems with overheating (even if you watch 4k). That is the device which I would recommend if you want to replace your router by that and have more than 2 gbit ports or use it in a network with really many devices where all consumer routers would perform badly.

My hystou device works also with PoE+ (24W) (that is device which was used above in speedtest, however, I would recommend you to go much cheaper road if you need only 1 or two gateways. All raspberry pi 4 devices are quite cheap now and can be run on PoE (15W, all routers should work with it too). Rock Pi4 is actually more powerfull due to the fact that you can have m2 nvme disk, if you do not need storage, go for raspberry pi4 as it is much cheaper, at least much cheaper than router's with similar/same CPU power.

OpenConnect: If I am connected to a server closer than 200km, I get 100% of what my ISP offers on download and 500% on upload

OpenVPN: Archer C7/C5 gets around 33% of what ISP offers, hystou with i5 gets around 70%, RockPi4/RPi4 get around 70% too, my 16CPU AMD Ryzen is the only one which gets 100%

WireGuard: All devices get 100%.

Short conclusions about protocols offered by TorGuard:

OpenConnect: By far best protocol for me since years and it beats wireguard simply as I get 500% and it can port forward

WireGuard: Easiest Setup and fastest protocol. If your ISP is :) technically better than my which restricts properly speed, then use wireguard (port forwarding is/will be possible)

OpenVPN: By that picture is very clear, do not use OpenVPN unless you are restricted and must use it, mostly only companies can be restricted, private person is never from my experience. Lowest Speed, Max Power/CPU Usage.

Short conclusion about hardware requirements:

Starting from cheapest device with 100Mb/lan to some high grade servers, they all would deliver max. speed on openconnect and wireguard protocols, rpi4 costs around € 30 and is probably cheapest way to extend your router with a gateway. rpi3 gets also 100% on openconnect and wireguard, however, it has only 100Mb/s LAN port.

PS: I am not working for any companies mentioned above, especially not for my ISP.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naterhit

• uNc

• Morpheus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Just so you guys all know we have WireGuard coming soon to our desktop apps, its currently in the works and will be applied to ALL servers Regards

So what speeds you too are getting with the vpn on and vpn off. This thread has turned into a mess; just speedtest  screenshots would be nice. Just wanted to know before I unsubscribe from this thread

Posted Images

naterhit
On 5/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, Morpheus said:

Note: If you are not using OpenVPN then please don't respond.

Are you using a router, and if so what model?

Are you using a PC running pfSense with OpenVPN and if so what processor are you using?

What speeds are you seeing while on the VPN?

What speeds are you seeing while NOT on the VPN?

Note: It appears that processors are the key to better performance. It also appears that routers are not the best way to go if you want to maximize bandwidth while access the VPN.

Thanks...

Max sustained ISP speed without VPN ---->  940Mb/sec ~ 117MB/sec sustained

Max sustained speed WITH VPN through 10Gb network ---> 840Mb/sec ~ 105MB/sec sustained

This is with a SINGLE OpenVPN connection, running pfSense, on a CHEAP $60 quad core AMD 2200g with integrated graphics.  At max speed the CPU max is only ever 25%.  You can build a KILLER pfsense box CHEAP that will allow multiple dedicated Gb+ connections.   It doesn't take a lot of CPU, just make sure to use one that supports AES-NI instruction set.  Next release of pfsense will REQUIRE it..

I'm fairly certain that 840Mb ~ 105MB/sec is probably around the max you will see over VPN with OpenVPN, give or take rare exceptions.  I am still PLENTY happy with that

2 hours ago, naterhit said:

Max sustained ISP speed without VPN ---->  940Mb/sec ~ 117MB/sec sustained

Max sustained speed WITH VPN through 10Gb network ---> 840Mb/sec ~ 105MB/sec sustained

This is with a SINGLE OpenVPN connection, running pfSense, on a CHEAP $60 quad core AMD 2200g with integrated graphics.  At max speed the CPU max is only ever 25%.  You can build a KILLER pfsense box CHEAP that will allow multiple dedicated Gb+ connections.   It doesn't take a lot of CPU, just make sure to use one that supports AES-NI instruction set.  Next release of pfsense will REQUIRE it..

I'm fairly certain that 840Mb ~ 105MB/sec is probably around the max you will see over VPN with OpenVPN, give or take rare exceptions.  I am still PLENTY happy with that

840Mbps (WAN internet D/L speeds) on OpenVPN is IMPOSSIBLE. OpenVPN on any/all pfsense appliances's will max out at 230-250Mbps. The cipher encryption mgmt. bottle-neck is the culprit. If you are getting 840Mbps using OpenVPN your internet speedtest data is outside the tunnel. As simple as that. Best check your setup, it's obviously flawed somewhere.

naterhit
18 hours ago, uNc said:

840Mbps (WAN internet D/L speeds) on OpenVPN is IMPOSSIBLE. OpenVPN on any/all pfsense appliances's will max out at 230-250Mbps. The cipher encryption mgmt. bottle-neck is the culprit. If you are getting 840Mbps using OpenVPN your internet speedtest data is outside the tunnel. As simple as that. Best check your setup, it's obviously flawed somewhere.

Where did you get that nonsense?  Want screenshots?  I'm using their 10Gb VPN server, and I have 1Gb home connection.

Why would OpenVPN have a 75% overhead from a Gig connection.  Best check my setup?!  Bummer, I'm really sad to hear that because that's what I thought I did during the last week optimizing and testing my VPN.  Man I'm such a loser.

Would you please educate me why my claim is not true?  I asserted my claim, and I have proof to back it up.  Please provide the proof for the validity of your claim being true with either a white-paper, or other clearly supported documentation?

Not sure if you're trolling or not...

I guess my question is what hardware setup/config are you using that's only giving you 250Mb...a Pentium 4 or a non AES-NI supported processor in the last few years???  I assume you're connecting to just the regular TG servers and not their 10Gb servers.  I highly recommend their 10Gb servers.  You can build a pfsense box that will handle Gig VPN for CHEAP - EASY...I mean if my $50 amd proc can get 840, perhaps a higher clock could get me higher, but doubt it.  I don't seem to be CPU bound from what I can tell by any measure.

3 hours ago, naterhit said:

Where did you get that nonsense?  Want screenshots?  I'm using their 10Gb VPN server, and I have 1Gb home connection.

I assume you're connecting to just the regular TG servers and not their 10Gb servers.

I do think that it should not matter, what is the difference for you using shared shared and 10Gb server if you got 1Gb LAN port? Do you assume that shared server (mostly closer than those premium servers) can not give you full bandwidth of your lan port? What is the point at all for you to use 10Gb server if your interface restricts you. I would also assume you never tested if those 10Gbit servers give you 10Gbit too? And why do you at all assume that you are the only user of TorGuard paying for 10Gbit connection, maybe you are one of few never using it on 10Gbit connections, as I struggle to understand why would you need 10Gb connection if you can have max. 1Gb which seems to be restricted by yuor ISP as well as your interface on the machine you seem to run it?

I do have AES-NI, and device above for which tests were posted does have aes.

Well, I never get even close to your numbers with openvpn and lowest encryption, one of such CPU's would be Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz and it does not get even close to what you write with openvpn, regardless if 10Gb or shared, in fact shared is even faster as it is very close.

flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid mpx rdseed adx smap clflushopt intel_pt xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves dtherm ida arat pln pts hwp hwp_notify hwp_act_window hwp_epp md_clear flush_l1d

I guess my question is what hardware setup/config are you using that's only giving you 250Mb...a Pentium 4 or a non AES-NI supported processor in the last few years??? 

Well, only AES-NI supported CPU's, quite a lot of them. I tested also on 20Gbit connection and shared servers over SFP+. Did you? Can you imagine that shared servers give you more than 1Gb? Openvpn was far behind other protocols in point of performance.

actually you sound as one.

just because somebody told you that you might want recheck your setup which was actually meant to help you, you call another user a troll :)? User did not claim to get those speeds, it was you, you could have posted your tests which could verify your words, especially if that would be really that case what you said.

naterhit
19 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I do think that it should not matter, what is the difference for you using shared shared and 10Gb server if you got 1Gb LAN port? Do you assume that shared server (mostly closer than those premium servers) can not give you full bandwidth of your lan port? What is the point at all for you to use 10Gb server if your interface restricts you. I would also assume you never tested if those 10Gbit servers give you 10Gbit too? And why do you at all assume that you are the only user of TorGuard paying for 10Gbit connection, maybe you are one of few never using it on 10Gbit connections, as I struggle to understand why would you need 10Gb connection if you can have max. 1Gb which seems to be restricted by yuor ISP as well as your interface on the machine you seem to run it?

I do have AES-NI, and device above for which tests were posted does have aes.

Well, I never get even close to your numbers with openvpn and lowest encryption, one of such CPU's would be Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz and it does not get even close to what you write with openvpn, regardless if 10Gb or shared, in fact shared is even faster as it is very close.

flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid mpx rdseed adx smap clflushopt intel_pt xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves dtherm ida arat pln pts hwp hwp_notify hwp_act_window hwp_epp md_clear flush_l1d

Well, only AES-NI supported CPU's, quite a lot of them. I tested also on 20Gbit connection and shared servers over SFP+. Did you? Can you imagine that shared servers give you more than 1Gb? Openvpn was far behind other protocols in point of performance.

actually you sound as one.

just because somebody told you that you might want recheck your setup which was actually meant to help you, you call another user a troll :)? User did not claim to get those speeds, it was you, you could have posted your tests which could verify your words, especially if that would be really that case what you said.

Hello,

I gave a reply to the original post with my numbers, to which I factually posted.  

Did you even read their reply?  Their very first sentence --> "840Mbps (WAN internet D/L speeds) on OpenVPN is IMPOSSIBLE."  So while I understand they are trying to be helpful, one shouldn't speak factually without knowing what they are talking about like they do, perhaps?  Also, the user did not ask for help, or want to work with me but simply just shut down and denied facts.  Oh well.  Facts are facts, sorry if that hurts people's feelings?

If you don't understand the difference of the regular TG Gb service vs the more expensive 10Gb connection I am sorry I can't help you.  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.  The premium 10Gb network is much less congested, on much higher end physical hardware, with more aggregated bandwidth and is not as congested as regular network - hence, the premium.

Let me know if you would like any help and have a blessed day friend

speed.thumb.png.8fc895fa0887941c511670239ae4eec1.png

25 minutes ago, naterhit said:

If you don't understand the difference of the regular TG Gb service vs the more expensive 10Gb connection I am sorry I can't help you.  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.  The premium 10Gb network is much less congested, on much higher end physical hardware, with more aggregated bandwidth and is not as congested as regular network - hence, the premium.

Well, on one point I agree with you, nobody can understand it for you. I never asked for explanation of what TorGuard's 10Gbit network is and I would be crazy to let it explain from a user on a forum instead of torguard directly. 10 Gbit might be much less congested, on much higher end physical hardware, with more aggregated bandwidth and is not congested as regular network. But you do not reply what it brings you on 1 Gbit connections? You are trying to promote 10 Gbit product to tell everybody that TorGuard's shared products are not good :).

And next time you want to post your results, please read at least some newbie guides how it is done, especially if you try to get into offtopic for seems promotion purpose without to understand that you actually say that torguard shared servers are not as good :) as promoted by torguard.

However, I am very happy for you that you are satisfied with your Premium TorGuard product 😂.

naterhit
23 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Well, on one point I agree with you, nobody can understand it for you. I never asked for explanation of what TorGuard's 10Gbit network is and I would be crazy to let it explain from a user on a forum instead of torguard directly. 10 Gbit might be much less congested, on much higher end physical hardware, with more aggregated bandwidth and is not congested as regular network. But you do not reply what it brings you on 1 Gbit connections? You are trying to promote 10 Gbit product to tell everybody that TorGuard's shared products are not good :).

And next time you want to post your results, please read at least some newbie guides how it is done, especially if you try to get into offtopic for seems promotion purpose without to understand that you actually say that torguard shared servers are not as good :) as promoted by torguard.

However, I am very happy for you that you are satisfied with your Premium TorGuard product 😂.

The literal topic of this forum post is - TorGuard VPN Speeds - What are you getting?

I simply stated the facts of my speeds with the setup and hardware.  The point was that I'm getting these speeds with their 10Gb network.  I'm not promoting, selling, nothing.

Have you even followed the 5 min Torguard pf-sense setup guide yourself?  If you do I think you will be surprised.  It's been years since I paid for the regular service, can't remember, but I would imagine it would probably be throetically max around 250 ish because of how over provisioned it is.  I can test it for you guys probably in a couple days when I get time to re-config router.

Torguard products are GREAT.  Again, I could care less - I am simple answering the question to the forum post.

FFS

If you are having trouble easily obtaining these speeds with the 10Gb you're doing something wrong.  Regualar service will be slower.  Those are facts.  Who hurt you??

I am also able to advise in anything storage related as well - networking and storage and my forte's, but happy to help elsewhere. 

Again, not sure where you are getting me promoting anything.  I'm simply stating that in order to get the highest speeds possible, which is key for me, you obviously need the 10Gb service, which I have.  It's worth the extra like 28 cents a day or something.  Buy it, don't buy, can't your service - I don't care.  I'm giving information an answers for people to help them.   You are not helping...at all..

Have a blessed day friend

7 hours ago, naterhit said:

The literal topic of this forum post is - TorGuard VPN Speeds - What are you getting?

I simply stated the facts of my speeds with the setup and hardware.  The point was that I'm getting these speeds with their 10Gb network.  I'm not promoting, selling, nothing.

Have you even followed the 5 min Torguard pf-sense setup guide yourself?  If you do I think you will be surprised.  It's been years since I paid for the regular service, can't remember, but I would imagine it would probably be throetically max around 250 ish because of how over provisioned it is.  I can test it for you guys probably in a couple days when I get time to re-config router.

Torguard products are GREAT.  Again, I could care less - I am simple answering the question to the forum post.

FFS

If you are having trouble easily obtaining these speeds with the 10Gb you're doing something wrong.  Regualar service will be slower.  Those are facts.  Who hurt you??

I am also able to advise in anything storage related as well - networking and storage and my forte's, but happy to help elsewhere. 

Again, not sure where you are getting me promoting anything.  I'm simply stating that in order to get the highest speeds possible, which is key for me, you obviously need the 10Gb service, which I have.  It's worth the extra like 28 cents a day or something.  Buy it, don't buy, can't your service - I don't care.  I'm giving information an answers for people to help them.   You are not helping...at all..

Have a blessed day friend

I am amazed that your posts are still not removed. It must be terrible for support when such people come and ask questions.., haha, mate, I think you wrote it all wrongly, I think you aree confused 10Gbit with 100Tb which you get. Fly high my friend :)

12 hours ago, naterhit said:

Why would OpenVPN have a 75% overhead from a Gig connection.  Best check my setup?!  Bummer, I'm really sad to hear that because that's what I thought I did during the last week optimizing and testing my VPN.  Man I'm such a loser.

Would you please educate me why my claim is not true?  I asserted my claim, and I have proof to back it up.  Please provide the proof for the validity of your claim being true with either a white-paper, or other clearly supported documentation?

I guess my question is what hardware setup/config are you using that's only giving you 250Mb...a Pentium 4 or a non AES-NI supported processor in the last few years???  I assume you're connecting to just the regular TG servers and not their 10Gb servers.  I highly recommend their 10Gb servers.  You can build a pfsense box that will handle Gig VPN for CHEAP - EASY...I mean if my $50 amd proc can get 840, perhaps a higher clock could get me higher, but doubt it.  I don't seem to be CPU bound from what I can tell by any measure.

Give it a rest. Not all people are naieve enough to believe most,if not all u claim. And many people here have tried the 10Gb service and it is all hype and marginal perfermance at best. And also, if u check closely u will see that OpenVPN on any device, pfsense appliances's included cannot achieve >200 to 300Mbps throughput on the internet... ever, period! But, you would be the first to break the speed barrier, so I don't believe your lies and probably everyone reading this.It's okay though, u fool know one except yourself. Why lie about things, what are u trying to prove? Silly boy.

naterhit
11 hours ago, uNc said:

Give it a rest. Not all people are naieve enough to believe most,if not all u claim. And many people here have tried the 10Gb service and it is all hype and marginal perfermance at best. And also, if u check closely u will see that OpenVPN on any device, pfsense appliances's included cannot achieve >200 to 300Mbps throughput on the internet... ever, period! But, you would be the first to break the speed barrier, so I don't believe your lies and probably everyone reading this.It's okay though, u fool know one except yourself. Why lie about things, what are u trying to prove? Silly boy.

Naive?  I'm posting screenshots with proof son.  I don't care what other speeds people get, I'm telling you what I am able to get with my setup.  I'm answering the post silly newb.  Are you claiming that I am not getting 840 Mb over OpenVPN?

I don't have a pfsense "appliance" - I built my own cheap to support near Gb real-time VPN speeds - Which I am getting.  Hopefully you understand the difference in the two.

Don't blame me if you don't know how to get fast speeds.  If you want 800+Mb VPN don't be a cheapo and instead pay the extra $.28 a day for 10Gb, and have a good Gb home connection and you won't have a problem.  I'm happy to educate you on my setup son if you want to learn how to get fast VPN speeds. 

I suggest you read this post --> https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Gigabit_Networks_Linux and see they were able to get 885Mb...so keep spreading your newb nonsense that it's "not possible" to get over 250-300, or whatever nonsense you are spouting.  This is directly from OpenVPN, so I'm pretty sure they know how their protocol and speeds work.   There are thousands of results showing similar results.  Learn to google.  Or, you can just spout non-sense - Your call.

Using OpenSSL 1.0.0 with AES-NI capable hardware

The real performance gain is expected from the AES-NI capable hardware, such as the Intel Xeon X5660 and i5-560M CPUs. Using the exact same setup as above, but now using

engine aesni

and by using

./openvpn --dev tun --proto udp --port 11000 --secret secret.key --ifconfig 192.168.222.11 192.168.222.10
    --tun-mtu 9000 --fragment 0 --mssfix 0 --cipher aes-256-cbc --engine aesni

for the server and

./openvpn --dev tun --proto udp --port 11000 --secret secret.key --ifconfig 192.168.222.10 192.168.222.11
    --tun-mtu 9000 --fragment 0 --mssfix 0  --cipher aes-256-cbc --engine aesni --remote server

for the client we obtain the following results (all speeds in Mbps):

AES128 AES256
X5660 -> i5-560 885 878
i5-560 -> X5660 748 543

Again - You claim non-sense.  I post proof and offer help to get you fast, yet you just want to be a newb.  Enjoy your slow speeds son

Seems like your just mad you got schooled and don't know what to do other than refute facts - 

So son, I post proof and screenshots - You say it's not possible?  Who is telling the truth?  Hint:  It's not you..

So I've made my claim with proof - If you want to dispute it, keep your questions there and I'm happy to help.  I've stated my claim and proof, now if you want to dispute please educate me to where I am wrong.   If you want to assume that because a couple people on the forums were not able to get that fast does not mean it's not possible.  What is making you so upset?  The fact that I'm what I'm showing isn't what other members have been able to get?  Have you tried any of this stuff yourself? 

Have a blessed day my friend and let me know if you want some education on how to get the fast speeds you want.

82422b155c2f1d0ce0e9ee00eac597b6fff85b55

I suggest you read this post --> https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Gigabit_Networks_Linux and see they were able to get 885Mb...so keep spreading your newb nonsense that it's "not possible" to get over 250-300, or whatever nonsense you are spouting.

If you look up at the bottom of that page, you can see that this document was updated now 20 months ago, and before that 6 years ago. Many were convinced that turning on cryptodev aes makes their cpu perform aes in essentially zero time, because someone screwed up a command line for openssl a decade ago. You are not openvpn developer and you are not the author of that page. You may notice openssl version used. You may know about issues by different version where it drops to 10% or CPU spikes over 50%,  but still guess you are not familiar to any of this.

Few years ago we just for fun put a name of a friend to wiki stating that it is new president of specific country, you could try to guess how long it was there and how many people took it as a fact. You do now the same for the link above and again  not posting your own results.

Further discussion with you makes no sense at all I would assume, if you would like to share as you say, share something cool, if you could it seems you would, instead you keep on insulting other member. You proved nothing and you posted a screenshot showing torguard vpn servers  and their ip addresses. Probably you believe again it is some kind of proof. 

Probably you should try to test your connection from the other side of WAN which might give you actual number. Previous user did point you to this too indirectly, but you still ignore and upload screenshots.

Beside all of this, stop writing nonsense about 10Gbit connections, your advice may lead some to buy a product and pay for it without to need it, even if it would be 0.01 cent. Is that the reason you try to promote it here.

naterhit
1 minute ago, 19807409 said:

If you look up at the bottom of that page, you can see that this document was updated now 20 months ago, and before that 6 years ago. Many were convinced that turning on cryptodev aes makes their cpu perform aes in essentially zero time, because someone screwed up a command line for openssl a decade ago. You are not openvpn developer and you are not the author of that page. You may notice openssl version used. You may know about issues by different version where it drops to 10% or CPU spikes over 50%,  but still guess you are not familiar to any of this.

Few years ago we just for fun put a name of a friend to wiki stating that it is new president of specific country, you could try to guess how long it was there and how many people took it as a fact. You do now the same for the link above and again  not posting your own results.

Further discussion with you makes no sense at all I would assume, if you would like to share as you say, share something cool, if you could it seems you would, instead you keep on insulting other member. You proved nothing and you posted a screenshot showing torguard vpn servers  and their ip addresses. Probably you believe again it is some kind of proof. 

Probably you should try to test your connection from the other side of WAN which might give you actual number. Previous user did point you to this too indirectly, but you still ignore and upload screenshots.

Beside all of this, stop writing nonsense about 10Gbit connections, your advice may lead some to buy a product and pay for it without to need it, even if it would be 0.01 cent. Is that the reason you try to promote it here.

What proof pic do you want - I showed my OpenVPN client is set to the 10Gb server, I've showed my speeds and IP of the Chicago server.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  Period.  

:) you got out of arguments and can't proof your claims, then rain of insults. I am really convinced that many will follow your advice especially as you are such a nice guy. You said you do it for life, your customers must love you 😂, hope you extend your TorGuard service ;)

naterhit
9 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

:) you got out of arguments and can't proof your claims, then rain of insults. I am really convinced that many will follow your advice especially as you are such a nice guy. You said you do it for life, your customers must love you 😂, hope you extend your TorGuard service ;)

If you still don't believe me, check out my public WAN IP in the screenshot - You will see it is the IP of Chicago 10Gb VPN server. - AKA my VPN TUNNEL is encrypted with all my connections - Hope you understand what that means.

I've proved my claims every which way, speeds, ip addresses, pfsense, everything in order to help people.  It seems unfortunately you lack the mental capability to comprehend and just say 'not possible' LOL - You continue to be a newb disputing facts.  I still have not heard any facts from you where I am wrong, or you asking for any proof.  I am such a nice guy!

I will enjoy my fast 10Gb TG speeds over VPN - Thank you very much.

I will continue to defend my position with facts and screenshots to help people achieve speeds faster than the "impossible 250" you claim - Thousands of examples on the interwebs, go to google.com and search your heart out.

For anyone else who wants to know how to get similar speeds, reach out.  Don't believe the 2 donkeys above.  I have the proof, they don't know what planet they are on.

qG93J9s.jpg

oh man, I do not need to believe you, just stop trolling here and insulting people even when writting nonsense, promoting wrongly products which can leave unsatisfied customers. Again, your IP does not proof anything of what you claimed before, silly screenshots show nothing too. OpenVPN is by far not first choice for me and no, you gave nothing of value of information and the reason I replied to you is simply because I find it funny how you protect your position and disgrace yourself in doing so. I will gladly watch if you can turn from trolling to anything useful.

You are not nice guy by what you wrote in last few posts, you are just trolling, it was actually one of worst attempts to troll that I've ever seen, wasting actually your time here.

naterhit

You are 

5 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

oh man, I do not need to believe you, just stop trolling here and insulting people even when writting nonsense, promoting wrongly products which can leave unsatisfied customers. Again, your IP does not proof anything of what you claimed before, silly screenshots show nothing too. OpenVPN is by far not first choice for me and no, you gave nothing of value of information and the reason I replied to you is simply because I find it funny how you protect your position and disgrace yourself in doing so. I will gladly watch if you can turn from trolling to anything useful.

You are not nice guy by what you wrote in last few posts, you are just trolling, it was actually one of worst attempts to troll that I've ever seen, wasting actually your time here.

You're right you don't need to believe.  You claimed my speeds are impossible, I simply provided the proof to educate you so other people don't believe the lies and newb non-sense you spread.  Really sad how you operate, wish you would stop spreading the biggest lie on the forums that you can't get faster than 250-300 with VPN.

I'm sorry that you can't put 2 and 2 together, to see my pfsense config is 10Gb setting, my public WAN IP is Chicago 10Gb, and my speeds are too.  Oh well, like I said before - I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you - You're on your own there bubba

THAT is the real shame, to customers and prospective customers of TG - Just trying to balance out the vast amount of newb lies, like yours.

No trolling - trying to bring TRUTH and  help to the forums and users - You provide no value. 

Have a BLESSED day son

now you lie, I never claimed something is not possible 😂, you clearly seem to be overwhelmed getting replies from 2 users. I told, you continue to disgrace yourself and now you either are lier or you seem not to be able to read or you have issues with memory. Ok, now we at least have one confirmation that you lie, you still can prove your previous posts were not one like the last one.

naterhit
2 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

now you lie, I never claimed something is not possible 😂, you clearly seem to be overwhelmed getting replies from 2 users. I told, you continue to disgrace yourself and now you either are lier or you seem not to be able to read or you have issues with memory. Ok, now we at least have one confirmation that you lie, you still can prove your previous posts were not one like the last one.

Apologies, you're right - I was confused with unc but still doesn't change facts about my speeds or working as I stated

I accept your appologize, now watch this, what does this prove, I mean screnshot, can you tell me?

9839042127.png

naterhit
Just now, 19807409 said:

I accept your appologize, now watch this, what does this prove, I mean screnshot, can you tell me?

9839042127.png

I've answered the forum question with screenshots and have asked what you want to see - You don't care, you don't want to believe me - don't care

For anybody else who is NOT a troll or moron dbag and wants fast speeds, let me know

seems your OpenVPN for $20 is slower than my $1 device, you want another screenshot? 😂

naterhit
1 minute ago, 19807409 said:

seems your OpenVPN for $20 is slower than my $1 device, you want another screenshot? 😂

Money may buy you a fast connection but it can't buy you logic or intelligence...

Show me the trace route of that speed, in the same screenshot of this forum post to prove, as I did with my public WAN Chicago IP