TorGuard

TorGuard VPN Speeds - What are you getting?

Rate this topic

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naterhit

• uNc

• Morpheus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, Just so you guys all know we have WireGuard coming soon to our desktop apps, its currently in the works and will be applied to ALL servers Regards

So what speeds you too are getting with the vpn on and vpn off. This thread has turned into a mess; just speedtest  screenshots would be nice. Just wanted to know before I unsubscribe from this thread

Posted Images

naterhit
19 hours ago, 19807409 said:

id does not matter if you read, you are incapable of understanding it retard

reported

Tony_18

So what speeds you too are getting with the vpn on and vpn off. This thread has turned into a mess; just speedtest  screenshots would be nice. Just wanted to know before I unsubscribe from this thread.

• Haha 1

Speed Test from https://www.nperf.com/.

That's using a dedicated WireGuard server. OpenVPN is much slower (average 10 times slower download speed) even when connecting to a close server.

The download/upload speeds are quite close to my ISP speeds. Ping response could do better.

Code.

torguard.png

I have 250/250 without VPN with OpenVPN i get 150/90 with WireGuard i get around 220/200

Running WIndows 10 64 bit

Asus RT-AC66U with Merlin firmware

luffzter

1: No VPN

2: OpenVPN

3: Wireguard

image.png.58d310c9e5f7ea20aed0b3c4dcb9673b.png

It was run on a machine with a i9 9900k, so not CPU limited on a 1000/1000 fiber connection. Can't wait to try out WireGuard on my NAS, when you can use dedicated IPs. The NAS is CPU bottlenecked right now on OpenVPN at around 200 Mbps up/down.

9 hours ago, luffzter said:

1: No VPN

2: OpenVPN

3: Wireguard

image.png.58d310c9e5f7ea20aed0b3c4dcb9673b.png

It was run on a machine with a i9 9900k, so not CPU limited on a 1000/1000 fiber connection. Can't wait to try out WireGuard on my NAS, when you can use dedicated IPs. The NAS is CPU bottlenecked right now on OpenVPN at around 200 Mbps up/down.

it's a naterhit day...ur back!