TorGuard

getting phishing attempt blocked by bitdefender

Rate this question

mike

Question

this started a few hours ago. i got suddenly logged off of torguard.i tried logging back in but it kept saying wrong username password. so i gave it a rest .then i just tried logging back in and it worked. but suddenly bitdefender kept popping up phishing attempt blocked. 34 of them. so i cant use torguard. i dont know anything about phishing so i will wait to see on what i should do. not sure if its the website or whatever.but i tried logging in with my phone and it  told me wrong username password. so i know its not my pc.any suggestions i would appreciate it.

7 answers to this question

Therealone
4 minutes ago, Hazardous544 said:

Mine as well.

Really weird. just disconnected now says it's rejecting my user / pass  wtf?

Annotation 2020-05-31 215447.png

Support

Hello,

This is a false positive and we have already submitted this to BitDefender so hopefully they ill update there definitions real soon - there is nothing fishy going on here, its nonsense to be quite frank - you need to whitelist the TG executable and the URL which is our update server that pulls config packages.

If you had a user/pass issue we had a backend glitch that lasted for 30 minutes and was quickly fixed so it is not related.

Regards

Therealone

Mine just started doing the same thing at around 9:30pm pst.  disconnected me, and when trying to reconnect, unable... suddenly saying wrong username and password.. out of the  blue

Support
2 hours ago, enigma814 said:

Mine is also doing the same thing. I tried manually changing the password too and still can’t get into it. 

Sorry guys this is now resolved - it would appear that our backend had another connectivity issue, we are investigating right now.