TorGuard

Login fail. Suddenly username and password are incorrect

Rate this topic

bluetofu

I've been using Torguard for months and this suddenly happens today which makes me wonder has my Torguard account been hacked?!

anonymousone

Same here, I even tried to change the login information for VPN client copied and pasted in the info.. Still failed.

yummiyummi

Yes, same. I have to assume it is an issue with TorGuard and we now wait until they get it resolved.

This is the first issue I have had in my history as a customer.

Jawsers

Same as well, tried using my torguard on my phone, and doing a clean install. Still getting wrong username / password.

VeeToad

For me it was my client. Hadn't seen an auto update for ages.

Downloaded the latest and can now connect.

djsi

same here just reading on the net and bam it wont connect to any website.X out and i notice the app says log in failed....um i didn't change a thing and was already logged in.

Sammy

I downloaded the latest, still cant log in.,

(And yeah there was no update link for auto update so I didnt even know a new version was out.)

Buzkill

Same here.

I submitted a ticket too.

Even tried generating a new random username & password.

Mimic
3 minutes ago, VeeToad said:

For me it was my client. Hadn't seen an auto update for ages.

Downloaded the latest and can now connect.

Thought I had the latest, but I was one version behind.  Never got prompted to update.  Dropped the latest, and it's working.  So...  Update to the newest version, folks.  3.98.10

Evets
Just now, Mimic said:

Thought I had the latest, but I was one version behind.  Never got prompted to update.  Dropped the latest, and it's working.  So...  Update to the newest version, folks.  3.98.10

can confirm, this worked.

Wonder what went wrong with auto notifications and why on earth the admins locked us out without informing us of what to do... I imagine there's more that don't know the fix due to not visiting the forums.

afoijvou

99% sure I have the latest client, I just downloaded it a few days ago.  And this same thing happened to me.  I mean I guess I'll redownload it but I know for sure I just had to do this the other day, and that the latest then was from April 22.  I guess I'll see what happens.

Buzkill

Can connect now with the new client.

A reinstalled wasn't good enough, I had to remove the old version of the client & the TAP driver before installing.