TorGuard

Server list

Rate this question

Allan

Question

Running Viscosity, Win 8.1.

As of lately the list of servers to connect to has been compressed, looks like you have cleaned up the list as well as combined the UDP and TCP connections. Great, makes it so much easier.

Questions:

1) How do I know which servers are ok for torrents and which not. The names used to indicate it, they no longer do.

2) How do I know which protocol is used when connecting - UDP or TCP

14 answers to this question

Support

Hi Guys

Yes looking to simplify the connections for everyone, all servers are still present :) all connections are now by default UDP which is faster and pretty stable.

To see what torrent enabled locations you can use, please refer to our FAQ page.

Regards

Thanks for the answer.

In that case, may I please put in the change request that you indicate in the server name whether a server is "torrentable" (I just made that word up (-: ) or not. It would be so easy for you to change in the config files whole its a drag to remember the servers listed in the FAQ.

Oh, and in case someone comes across this question, here is the list of servers in the FAQ (scroll down)

https://torguard.net/faq.php

Support

Hi AllanS

We are always open of course - we will see what we can do to make this easier for everyone and possibly add something to the configs to make them easily distinguishable.

Regards

Support
Maybe, if it is possible, make the "no torrent" ones appear in red, the "okay to torrent" ones in green or blue?

Hey - are you referring to the My Servers page ? or configs on the Android app and TorGuard software ?

Regards

Not sure about DrindyJones, but I am talking about the server list you see when clicking on the Torguard / Viscosity software in the Windows Taskbar

Support

Hello SamuelNorton

Servers that don't allow them are filtered anyway to prevent you from torrenting - i would't worry about that.

Regards

SO what you're saying is that the servers I can't torrent on aren't marked in any way in the application AND if I do connected to one of these servers it will just drop my packets?