TorGuard

Slow upload speed after client update and tap reinstall

Rate this question

puma99dk|

Question

puma99dk|

After I updated the TG Client from the previous version (I don't remeber the exact version I think it was 3.97.4) to version 3.98.2 and TAP driver v9.21.2.

Test system:

AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB DDR4-3000, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVME, GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid, Windows 10 v1909 OS Build: 18363.752

I use to have around 200Mbps up and down sometimes more no issues on dedicated ip

Usually I use OpenConnect UDP because gives me the best speed but now not anymore.

Tested with UDP/995/SHA1 with cipher AES-128-GCM

9194938764.png

Tested with UDP/995/SHA1 with cipher AES-128-GCM with another DNS

9194973036.png

Tesed using OpenVPN 2.4.8 with UDP/SHA256 with cipher AES-128-GCM.

[URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/9195155187]https://www.speedtest.net/result/9195155187.png[/IMG][/URL]

Then I tried the Official WireGuard Client v0.1.0 with enabled WireGuard here on TG using Europe-NL1

9195247071.png

Using WireGuard speeds are back and latency is better then ever but there is no port forwarding option 😥

After I opened port 22 in the Windows Defender Firewall of In & Outbound connection upload has gone up to about 15Mbps using OpenConnect UDP

9196321665.png

I tried disabling Windows Defender Firewall and uninstalling Glasswire but this doesn't give anything really and following what fixed the issue the last time that Andy // Staff posted in a support ticket didn't help and was this:

1) Uninstall all TAP drivers, go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Device Manager - Scroll down to Network Adapters, right click the TAP drivers and uninstall them, deleting the driver too when asked
2) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.
3) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC
4) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

I hope a friendly soul here on the TG Community forum have something I can try to see if this can get my upload issue fixed because I feel like everything there is a TG Client update and I update I run into issues a couple of days later if not instantly so I feel TG Client updates are getting worse and not better.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet