TorGuard
pairofcrocs

torguard + unraid + qbittorrent (port forwarding issue)

Rate this question

Question

pairofcrocs

Okay so I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I've been having seeding ever since I switched to TorGuard, so naturally it seems like a port forwarding issue.

My download speed is fine, but I'm lucky if any of my 500+ linux isos are seeding at all, and when they do, its 100kbps ish

After talking with support they say it's not possible to forward a port and use it inside of unraid, which makes no since to me.

Anyone have this same problem with a fix?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

mindfrost82

Were you ever able to figure this out?  I'm using OpenVPN and Transmission in a Docker container and Transmission shows my port as open but I'm only able to seed to 1-2 peers at VERY slow speeds.

BU5T4
On 4/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, mindfrost82 said:

Were you ever able to figure this out?  I'm using OpenVPN and Transmission in a Docker container and Transmission shows my port as open but I'm only able to seed to 1-2 peers at VERY slow speeds.

I'm using the same setup but I am unable to get the port to show as open. Any tips would be great.

I have set up port forwarding in TorGuard for port 51413, also have this forwarded on my router. I am unable to seed any torrents but can't download at decent speeds. I did notice however that if you restart the docker container you end up with a different i.p addess for the VPN so I had to change this in the port forwarding section of TorGuard settings.

For the life of me I can't figure out what im missing here.

mindfrost82
On 5/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, BU5T4 said:

I'm using the same setup but I am unable to get the port to show as open. Any tips would be great.

I have set up port forwarding in TorGuard for port 51413, also have this forwarded on my router. I am unable to seed any torrents but can't download at decent speeds. I did notice however that if you restart the docker container you end up with a different i.p addess for the VPN so I had to change this in the port forwarding section of TorGuard settings.

For the life of me I can't figure out what im missing here.

I started using a Deluge container instead of Transmission and it seems to be working better.  I used Docker Compose and depending on the container, I'm able to set the IP address.  So I connect once, then get the IP and assign it in the Compose file so if the container restarts it'll use the same IP every time.