TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

What DL speeds can I expect?

Rate this question

Question

I can't seem to sustain 250 KB/s down using Viscosity client to Netherlands or Romania.

I managed to sustain 600 KB/s down using PPTP to various Amsterdam servers, and 1.0 MB/s to Toronto.

I'm located in the Eastern US and use the VPN service for Torrent, HTTP, and FTP downloads.

Are these speeds normal? I'm was hoping to break 2.00 MB/s which I could sustain with my previous VPN service (which is in Europe).

2 answers to this question

I use Netherlands server all the time and get 1.5mb/s, is your client configured properly ? Do you have lots of seeds if you are using bittorrent ? When I use torguard my speeds are almost the same as when I am not connected to a vpn.

Support
I can't seem to sustain 250 KB/s down using Viscosity client to Netherlands or Romania.

I managed to sustain 600 KB/s down using PPTP to various Amsterdam servers, and 1.0 MB/s to Toronto.

I'm located in the Eastern US and use the VPN service for Torrent, HTTP, and FTP downloads.

Are these speeds normal? I'm was hoping to break 2.00 MB/s which I could sustain with my previous VPN service (which is in Europe).

Hi Pec

Are you using UDP based connections in Romania ? have you tested Romania with PPTP ? the Romainan servers are actually very fast, please test and let us know.

Remember disconnecting and reconnecting will give you a new server.

Regards