TorGuard
JAlpson87

Torguard Bricks my Connection

Rate this question

Question

JAlpson87

I tried starting a VPN connection right after I purchased it and it stopped responding. When it stops responding I can't connect to anything, then need to restart my computer. As long as I don't touch TorGuard my internet works fine, but when I open it it bricks my entire connection and need to restart. Please help, I can't exactly just waste $30

3 answers to this question

Support

Hi, when you say it bricks your connection do you mean when you connect you have no connectivity? or the app stops responding?

Can you go to more settings --> network tab --> uncheck the seamless reconnect option and let us know if this works.

Do you have any AV software?

Regards

cklong46
On 2/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, Support said:

Hi, when you say it bricks your connection do you mean when you connect you have no connectivity? or the app stops responding?

Can you go to more settings --> network tab --> uncheck the seamless reconnect option and let us know if this works.

Do you have any AV software?

Regards

i have the problem like him too..it automatically not responding..then the internet goes wild..no internet connection..need to restart the computer..

Lorne R.W

hello guys,

i have had this issue and i set up my vpn through windows. on torguard site under severs make note of IP u want and on windows 10 where network icon is click it and click network and internet setting -> click on vpn on left side of window -> click on add a new vpn connection. under vpn provider select windows (built in) and then enter in vpn info and for type of sign info type select either L2TP with pre share key and enter share key or L2TP with cert. and enter your sign info and when done hit save and click connect when set up is done... for vpn using windows 7 follow these steps on this website: https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-7/how-to-connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-7/

Lorne