TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Lz129hindenburg

Force Traffic Through Torguard VPN on Ubuntu VM

Rate this question

Question

Lz129hindenburg

Greetings,

I'm a long time user of Torguard on Windows machines but have recently made a change to my setup.  I'm now choosing to run my VPN on an ubuntu VM (via virtualbox) on a host windows machine.  My windows host I never run VPN on anymore, but my VM runs torguard VPN all the time.  I've installed and am running torguard on the VM with no problems, but I want to have the extra security of making sure torrent traffic is stopped if the VPN for some reason goes down.   I'm relatively new to both virtual machines and linux.  I want to do one of two things, whichever is easier:

• Force all traffic on the VM through torguard, stopping all network access on the VM if the VPN connection is lost OR
  • Force all traffic on my torclient (I'm using transmission) through torguard, stopping all torrents if the VPN connection is lost

I am familiar with how to do this on windows/qbittorrent but not with ubuntu/transmission.  I've tried to follow along with some similar posts but it seems my setup is slightly different than others I've encountered.  Can anyone help?

Thanks...

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet