TorGuard
robodonster

Asus RT-AC66U_B1 with Merlin 384.13

Rate this topic

robodonster

Hello,

Is there any instructions how to upload a server on the VPN client of Asus RT-AC66U_B1 with Merlin 384.13?

Thanks  Don

kurisu

Make an OpenVPN config using the config generator (accessed from the Client Area -> Tools menu), make sure it uses the OpenVPN version 2.3 syntax option. Import it through the web interface, enter your credentials and you should be up and running.

kurisu

You're welcome, let us know if you have any problems... Torguard support helped me by ticket when I had initial setup queries, I think they're much quicker on ticket replies than on the forums.

dmzkiller1
On 1/5/2020 at 7:47 AM, kurisu said:

Make an OpenVPN config using the config generator (accessed from the Client Area -> Tools menu), make sure it uses the OpenVPN version 2.3 syntax option. Import it through the web interface, enter your credentials and you should be up and running.

Can you be more specific in uploading via web interface as I don't see what you are talking about.   I'm new to this

kurisu
14 hours ago, dmzkiller1 said:

Can you be more specific in uploading via web interface as I don't see what you are talking about.   I'm new to this

No problem. I'm on about the Asus MerlinWRT web interface... 

There's a lengthy guide with videos and screenshots here: https://www.vpnuniversity.com/tutorial/how-to-setup-openvpn-asus-routers-asuswrt

It's not tricky, just use the "import .ovpn file" feature and activate the VPN connection via the web interface. Configure the connection options to taste and off you go.