TorGuard
gilby

PayPal

Rate this topic

gilby

Why is TorGuard dropping PayPal as a payment method?

Snu-Snu

I too have this question and wish to be reassured that having made the changes suggested in the email, there's nothing I have to do over at Paypal.

Support

Hello,

We are not dropping Paypal, Paypal are dropping us, there is nothing you have to do over Paypal, no ones account will end, you just pay over a different payment method.

Regards

• Like 1

Boopa-dee
6 hours ago, Support said:

Hello,

We are not dropping Paypal, Paypal are dropping us, there is nothing you have to do over Paypal, no ones account will end, you just pay over a different payment method.

Regards

Please try to work this out to keep PayPal as a payment I may have to switch provider if it’s discontinued and a few people I know the same. I had to leave NordVPN for the same reason and made TorGuard my new VPN.

gilby

Agree fully with Boopa-dee. Work out your issues with Paypal (or Paypal with you).  I am not happy about providing you with my credit card.  Likely to switch at renewal time.

Support
11 hours ago, Boopa-dee said:

Please try to work this out to keep PayPal as a payment I may have to switch provider if it’s discontinued and a few people I know the same. I had to leave NordVPN for the same reason and made TorGuard my new VPN.

It is not our decision - when Paypal makes decisions, there is no appeal against it - also please bear in mind we do not store your card, we only store a token of created with your card, no one can steal your card details, you can be sure about that.

9 hours ago, gilby said:

Agree fully with Boopa-dee. Work out your issues with Paypal (or Paypal with you).  I am not happy about providing you with my credit card.  Likely to switch at renewal time.

As above, adding your card is completely safe - we understand the concerns but please do understand that you are not obligated to store your card you can make one off payments without keeping the card on file, we also offer Amazon Payments as an alternative.

Regards

• Like 1

Boopa-dee
14 hours ago, Support said:

It is not our decision - when Paypal makes decisions, there is no appeal against it - also please bear in mind we do not store your card, we only store a token of created with your card, no one can steal your card details, you can be sure about that.

As above, adding your card is completely safe - we understand the concerns but please do understand that you are not obligated to store your card you can make one off payments without keeping the card on file, we also offer Amazon Payments as an alternative.

Regards

Thanks for the info.

PayPal will cause their own downfall eventually.

EDIT: Where can the subscription be purchased using Amazon? I just checked the order page and can't find where to select it?

Edited by Boopa-dee
N/A

Zerbirus
On 12/6/2019 at 6:06 PM, Boopa-dee said:

EDIT: Where can the subscription be purchased using Amazon? I just checked the order page and can't find where to select it?

I guess billing>add funds

my question is how am i going to pay without being charged conversion to $ every time? really thinking about switching since a card fee would be half of what im paying each month

Support
1 hour ago, Zerbirus said:

I guess billing>add funds

my question is how am i going to pay without being charged conversion to $ every time? really thinking about switching since a card fee would be half of what im paying each month

We can always help with that, just let us know.

Regards