TorGuard

BBC iPlayer Workaround?

Rate this topic

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Trying to watch BBC using UK servers.  Always get "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues"

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to no avail.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

On 1/24/2021 at 5:45 AM, Filmcity said:

I am using a dedicated UK vpn. But couldn't even find the app in appstore.

are you taking about IOS or android . if it is IOS you will need an account in the UK, if is is android try to start the VPN and the log in to the appstore

• Like 1
Garnish

I have this and the way around it for me is connect my amazon fire tv stick to UK via the Torguard VPN and then using amazon app store to download the bbc / itv / C4 apps. 

OR 

On our ipad i created a seperate gmail email address and used a family address in UK. Then signed up for an APPLE ID using that gmail and again entered everything as UK including my UK Halifax bank account details which we still have here in OZ and then everything you download to that IPAD will be from UK app store ( cant remember if i had to activate the VPN first or not )

mrneilypops
8 hours ago, Garnish said:

I have this and the way around it for me is connect my amazon fire tv stick to UK via the Torguard VPN and then using amazon app store to download the bbc / itv / C4 apps. 

OR 

On our ipad i created a seperate gmail email address and used a family address in UK. Then signed up for an APPLE ID using that gmail and again entered everything as UK including my UK Halifax bank account details which we still have here in OZ and then everything you download to that IPAD will be from UK app store ( cant remember if i had to activate the VPN first or not )

The joys of the Apple eco-system. One of the reasons I ditched the Apple TV.