TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

TorGuard Viscosity Update Issue

Rate this question

Question

I'm having trouble updating to the newest viscosity update provided. I managed to install the update after a few code 5 errors; but when I attempt to make a connection I'm being told the background service isn't running.

Any workarounds for this? I tried a clean install with no luck and changing account privileges. Thank you! The old version still works by the way.

Support

Hello - yes sorry there was a little problem with the new update, can you completely uninstall and reinstall using the latest version from our downloads page, this should fix your problem.

Regards

I've received the same problem too, reverted back to the old version.

Thanks, uninstalled using iobit completely and it worked afterwards. Is it possible to import all VPN connections automatically again? I realize my DL link is down I was initially given and manually adding them is a bit of a hassle (but doable). Possibly the OpenVPN connection server for updates?

Support

Hey there - did you download the latest version from our downloads page ? you should see configs auto update as they are pre-loaded with Viscosity.

Do you have malwarebytes or anything ?

Regards

I downloaded from the my downloads page, and I do have malwarebytes. So I suppose that prevented it? I'll try reinstalling with that disabled if it will load them all.

Support

The domain blocker feature of (Can't remember the exact name) in malwarebytes seems to block our domains for some reason. We contacted them the other day, awaiting a reply.

When this is disabled it will load the configs just fine.

Regards

Myriad

I have the same issue. I have installed & un-installed and no IP now. I get connected status but Client IP field is NA.

Support

Hello - do you see the configs ?

Regards

Myriad

Yes. I can PM you a log.

Support

Please open a support ticket and submit the log there but reference this thread please.

Regards

Good day. Loaded the new update and here are the issues I have: After the update loaded wound up having 2 instances of Viscosity running and getting the "Background service not running error". Lost all my previous connections. Part of the program loaded under my user in application data instead of program files (Running XP Latest Version). Uninstalled all, deleted the folders and now unstable connections. Usually hook up to Canada and get constantly kicked out but it happens with all connections. I run the old Torguard on my server (Win Serv 2003)and never a problem. What gives? There is no "cfg" folder and each connection info is in separate numbered folders.

Myriad

There is definitely something wrong with the update as it has borked my Win 7 laptop and the only remedy I can think of is completely uninstalling the tcp/ip stack or re-installing.

I work as a sys admin and I installed the old version on 2 other windows machines in my network at work which work fine (with the old version), but when you let Viscosity upgrade they are rendered inoperable as far as TG is concerned! Something is messed up.

Support

Hi Guys

Yes apologies, it was a dodgy update, please uninstall completely Viscosity and then reinstall using the version from here >> torguard.net/downloads.php

This will resolve the issue and it wont happen again!

Regards

Tx... Appreciate it...

*crosses fingers*

:-)

Myriad

Does not work for me. Or the other 2 Win 7 computers I tried it on. When you install the new update you don't get the 'background service' error, but even though you connect you get NO remote 10. ip!

Support

Hi Myriad

Do you mean you get no web access after you connect ?

Regards

Myriad

I get web access, just not through the vpn.

Support

Then please set static DNS on your system - this should resolve your issue.

Regards

Myriad

Why? I didn't need to do it with the old version! And static DNS is NOT convenient to me.

Support

Well connecting to the VPN and having no web access is more than likely to be a DNS issue, are you able to atleast test to see if this is the issue ?

Regards

It happened again. I downloaded the "new" file from the link provided and did a fresh install (no previous version existing on the box). Same problem.

Support

Hello - do you get the same background service issue ?

Regards

Myriad

It is a problem with this 'update' it wrecks the TCP/IP stack somehow in Windows 7 (though not all computers - which makes it a hard problem to pin down). If you do manage to get the old version working again don't let Viscosity update it again until they figure out this problem. It has been a month now and it is still not working on my laptop, but I have been too busy to mess around with it.

Support

Hi Myriad

Users installing cleanly are not having these issues - are you referring to TG Lite or Viscosity ?

Regards