TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Smart DNS not ready for prime time

Rate this topic

I'm waiting for my cancellation and refund. First Torguard gave me Secure DNS in place of Smart DNS. Then no sites would display in my browser and pinging them gave the IP address of the DNS Server. Then Torguard had me clear my DNS cache. Then I could slowly get to a few US sites, but no UK ones. Then they wanted to debug, but it was taking hours, and when I tried again no sites would resolve. Have to believe this service is not ready for customers yet.

Will see if I get a refund.

Support

Hi - the DNS works perfectly fine, we have tested in most devices, we offered to team viewer in and fix this for you but you had no interest in trying to fix it, which was apparent in your replies.

Billing do not deal with refunds over the weekend, they will get to it on Monday.

Regards

Spapaleo

IN DEFENSE OF TORGUARD SUPPORT:

I have to say that being new at this, I ran into numerous problems and questions familiarizing myself with, and setting up a Torrent Proxy, and then, the Anonymous VPN. I see I had no less than six support tickets with a number of communications within each one. I found their support to be responsive, helpful, pleasant, tolerant and forgiving of my misunderstanding and ignorance, and always prompt. Generally speaking, when I am willing to express these same qualities towards others myself, I always seem to have them returned.

It worked on my PC, but not on WD Live Plus or PS3. I set up a case and the ticket said they'd talk to the developers - been a week.

Support

I have to say that being new at this, I ran into numerous problems and questions familiarizing myself with, and setting up a Torrent Proxy, and then, the Anonymous VPN. I see I had no less than six support tickets with a number of communications within each one. I found their support to be responsive, helpful, pleasant, tolerant and forgiving of my misunderstanding and ignorance, and always prompt. Generally speaking, when I am willing to express these same qualities towards others myself, I always seem to have them returned.

Thanks for your kind words Stephen :)

It worked on my PC, but not on WD Live Plus or PS3. I set up a case and the ticket said they'd talk to the developers - been a week.

Rest assured we are working on it, we haven't forgot :)

Regards

Regards

I find their support quite nice, I'd just not rather have to deal with them. Would it matter if your car service department gave you mixed drinks and a foot rub? I'd rather my car not be broken in the first place.

Support

Regards

I find their support quite nice, I'd just not rather have to deal with them. Would it matter if your car service department gave you mixed drinks and a foot rub? I'd rather my car not be broken in the first place.

Is Hulu working ok on your WD Live ?

Regards