TorGuard
sterimar

Sydney IP issues

Rate this question

Question

sterimar

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the Sydney IP? For the last several weeks, it has rarely connected and when it does, doesn't remain connected for long. Other IPs work fine. \

Is anyone else having this difficulty or is it just me??

It isn't my internet connection btw, that too, works fine.

gilby

I agree, Superman.  Intermittent issues.  I have given up for now - will investigate further tomorrow.

Superman

Sydney is acting up again right now.

gilby

And again right now!

geo-deb2003
17 minutes ago, gilby said:

And again right now!

Yep Me too, Sydney cant connect and there UK Dedicated IP well cant even stream from there too slow 3Mbs down
Also a while back they said they were going to bring Melbourne Sever back, never ad a issue with that one

gilby

Yes, I agree.  The old Melbourne server was solid.

Never believe promises about what might happen :( until it happens.

Superman

I'm again having issues with Sydney. If they are not fixed soon I will be finding a new VPN service provider!

Support
On 2/24/2020 at 7:03 AM, Superman said:

It seems the issues are resolved now

Edit: I have spoken too soon. I am still having issues loading pages when connected to the Sydney server.

Im not sure this is to do with our end - we have not been able to reproduce it nor have we seen any users on our desk (probably a couple) which could have been anything really - can you PM me with a specific IP your connected to and experience this issue? can you try lower your MTU under more settings --> network tab, select custom and set to 1400 and retest

Regards

Protek

Been also having issues with Sydney for the last 6 months. Connection is ok 90% of the time and then either drops out but stays connected or unable to reconnect back and need to choose another location. Melbourne was much better with no issues until the recent removal.

Need another stable location in Aus because Sydney has intermittent dropouts.

gilby
On 4/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, Support said:

network tab, select custom and set to 1400 and retest

That doesn't help me.

There seem to a few of use who are occasionally having issues with Sydney.  And the problems occur for most of us (if not all) at the same time.  And a bit later it works well again.  

Whilst it is infrequent is is very annoying.  Hard to recommend Torguard to Australian users, though I will persevere for a while.

Have we got any users (those that attempt to use it all the time) of the Sydney servers who never have issues?  

Support
7 hours ago, gilby said:

That doesn't help me.

There seem to a few of use who are occasionally having issues with Sydney.  And the problems occur for most of us (if not all) at the same time.  And a bit later it works well again.  

Whilst it is infrequent is is very annoying.  Hard to recommend Torguard to Australian users, though I will persevere for a while.

Have we got any users (those that attempt to use it all the time) of the Sydney servers who never have issues?  

In all honesty we are barely seeing users complaining of Sydney issues - normally if the issue is with our servers we know about it by customers swarming the support desk, this is not happening despite the few of you guys seeing this issue - can I ask if you guys could share the ISP you use, we have seen one user with Telstra who is having his connection throttled at specific times but the traffic that appears encrypted is what is being throttled.

Regards

gilby
On 4/8/2020 at 8:53 PM, Support said:

we have seen one user with Telstra who is having his connection throttled at specific times but the traffic that appears encrypted is what is being throttled.

There are claims that Telstra throttles some traffic, but the consensus on Whirlpool is that this is not so.  Usually it is something in the home network - most frequently that speed is being measured using wifi!!

And, yes, I am with Telstra.  FTTP 50/20mbps.  When Torguard works (nearly all the time) it makes little or no difference to my speed -  downloads run at about 47 mbps with or without Torguard.

I will change to using IKEv2 and see if that is more consistent.

Support
On 4/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, gilby said:

There are claims that Telstra throttles some traffic, but the consensus on Whirlpool is that this is not so.  Usually it is something in the home network - most frequently that speed is being measured using wifi!!

And, yes, I am with Telstra.  FTTP 50/20mbps.  When Torguard works (nearly all the time) it makes little or no difference to my speed -  downloads run at about 47 mbps with or without Torguard.

I will change to using IKEv2 and see if that is more consistent.

Please check our new Sydney location: au2.secureconnect.me - let me know if those work any better.

gilby
On 5/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, Support said:

Please check our new Sydney location: au2.secureconnect.me - let me know if those work any better.

Now connected to Sydney 2.  Slow to connect (but maybe that is just a one off).  Will report back in a week - or sooner if problems.

Only 3 days later, but au2 is working well for me.  In particular it is much better/quicker at reconnecting when I open my MacBook or use my iPhone.  I hope that is not just fewer people using it.  For my Macs I use the Torguard app, and iPhone with ikev2.

Are you using M247 in other locations?  

As an aside, I was interested (and pleased) to see that M247 highlight their Modern Slavery Statement above their Privacy Policy.

Edited by gilby
Extra comment

gilby

Something not so good has happened with Sydney 2.

Yesterday I could not connect successfully, though an established connection continued.

Today, I can connect but speed is much lower than usual.  Tried another connection to Sydney 2 and speed is better again.

Let's say it is erratic.

Protek
On 5/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, Support said:

How do we add/access the new Sydney location in the TG app?

gilby
21 minutes ago, Protek said:

How do we add/access the new Sydney location in the TG app?

In the list of servers there should be "Australia Sydney1" and "Australia Sydney2".  I am using the latest versions of the app on macOS and iOS, but that should not matter.

Protek
17 minutes ago, gilby said:

In the list of servers there should be "Australia Sydney1" and "Australia Sydney2".  I am using the latest versions of the app on macOS and iOS, but that should not matter.

I had a feeling it should pretty simple however it looks like it's missing from my app.

TG.JPG

gilby

Looks like you are missing all multi server countries - you are not seeing 2 servers in Brazil as well as Australia.

I am running macOS 3.98.12.

Maybe time for a support call?

1521703767_ScreenShot2020-06-18at1_10_19pm.png.a9e740818dae827ece233bfd97cca07d.png

Protek

Thanks to the support team I got it working again.

For others with the same issue: click More Settings - > Restore Defaults -> Save and restart the TG app. It will refresh the servers to the most latest one.

sterimar
On 4/6/2020 at 9:24 PM, Superman said:

I'm again having issues with Sydney. If they are not fixed soon I will be finding a new VPN service provider!

If you do this, let us know how they compare in terms of a solid connection.

sterimar
On 6/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, Protek said:

I had a feeling it should pretty simple however it looks like it's missing from my app.

TG.JPG

Actually, this is how it looks on my screen. 😕 I don't know why gilby's screen is different. I only have the standard VPN service though. 

I will try the   More Settings - > Restore Defaults ->    suggestion.

Protek

Have used both Sydney 1 and Sydney 2 and have preferred Sydney 1 for better latency in certain conditions. 

Noticed that they are now both the same - M247. Is this a recent changeover or will Sydney 1 be put onto another provider anytime soon?