TorGuard

Sydney IP issues

Rate this question

sterimar

Question

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the Sydney IP? For the last several weeks, it has rarely connected and when it does, doesn't remain connected for long. Other IPs work fine. \

Is anyone else having this difficulty or is it just me??

It isn't my internet connection btw, that too, works fine.

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• gilby

• Support

• Superman

• Protek

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

On 11/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, sterimar said:

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the Sydney IP? For the last several weeks, it has rarely connected and when it does, doesn't remain connected for long. Other IPs work fine. \

Is anyone else having this difficulty or is it just me??

It isn't my internet connection btw, that too, works fine.

Hey there, we have no other complaints of this, what version of TG are you currently running?

On 11/3/2019 at 8:16 AM, Support said:

Hey there, we have no other complaints of this, what version of TG are you currently running?

Hi there. I am running TG version 3.96.1, the latest as of writing. I have to switch to another IP for consistant browsing, but there are some sites that require an Australian IP, for instance my banks and gmail account, or I run into verification issues. 

Thanks for looking into it for us.

Any updates on this? It is still not connecting. When I click Connect on the Sydney server, it shows as connected but no pages will load until I disconnect the VPN, or choose another sever.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:23 PM, Superman said:

I'm again having issues with Sydney right now.

And for me, today.  Can connect to Sydney fine. Using Safari (macOS), some sites loads instantly (e.g. https://forums.whirlpool.net.au), but others are slow or fail to load (e.g. https://www.startpage.com/au/).  Tried disconnecting and reconnecting - thus usually helps, but not today.

Was good when there was a second AU site as we could swap to that when needed.

5 hours ago, gilby said:

And for me, today.  Can connect to Sydney fine. Using Safari (macOS), some sites loads instantly (e.g. https://forums.whirlpool.net.au), but others are slow or fail to load (e.g. https://www.startpage.com/au/).  Tried disconnecting and reconnecting - thus usually helps, but not today.

Was good when there was a second AU site as we could swap to that when needed.

We are looking into this guys and will report back.

Regards

geo-deb2003
15 hours ago, Support said:

Regards

Still the same cannot connect to Sydney, was a whole lot better when the Melbourne server was there, Sydney is always a hit or miss connecting, with very very slow speeds, Also your IP being banned by Sites!!

15 hours ago, Support said:

For me, it has been all good today.  It really is hit and miss.  I will keep a log of IP addresses to see if there is any pattern.

12 hours ago, geo-deb2003 said:

Still the same cannot connect to Sydney, was a whole lot better when the Melbourne server was there, Sydney is always a hit or miss connecting, with very very slow speeds, Also your IP being banned by Sites!!

Hi - we are trying to source the problem if its our side or with a specific upstream provider / ISP - we don't see any packet loss or reduced performance at any point we have checked - we have kept a close eye on it on our monitoring systems and not seen any issues - there is not many users complaining of this issue, if anyone can provide a bi-directional MTR at the time your experiencing this problem it would help. For example: here

MTR  OFF VPN to VPN IP

MTR ON VPN to ISP IP

12 hours ago, gilby said:

For me, it has been all good today.  It really is hit and miss.  I will keep a log of IP addresses to see if there is any pattern.

Please do, the more info we can get the better - thanks

Regards

geo-deb2003
21 hours ago, Support said:

Hi - we are trying to source the problem if its our side or with a specific upstream provider / ISP - we don't see any packet loss or reduced performance at any point we have checked - we have kept a close eye on it on our monitoring systems and not seen any issues - there is not many users complaining of this issue, if anyone can provide a bi-directional MTR at the time your experiencing this problem it would help. For example: here

MTR  OFF VPN to VPN IP

MTR ON VPN to ISP IP

Please do, the more info we can get the better - thanks

Regards

Thanks for the reply seems to be working OK, since last night, but I did have to change from using port 1195 to 1912, when on 1195 it would just say "WAIT" on connecting.

The server is still pretty terrible. At least when we had the Melbourne server we could alternate from one to the other when it got bad.

I previously used torguard, then left to use another VPN so i could continue getting US netflix, which was short lived... I left that VPN and returned here due to bad speeds but ive got to say their speeds and reliability were much better. I dont think ill be continuing my subscription once over the way its going.

4 hours ago, Regie said:

The server is still pretty terrible. At least when we had the Melbourne server we could alternate from one to the other when it got bad.

I previously used torguard, then left to use another VPN so i could continue getting US netflix, which was short lived... I left that VPN and returned here due to bad speeds but ive got to say their speeds and reliability were much better. I dont think ill be continuing my subscription once over the way its going.

Hello,

We will be improving this location in Jan/Feb., we have already placed an order for more servers and are considering adding Meblourne back into the fray.

Edit: We have noticed a network issue and have instructed our guys to look into this right away - we will look to improve this location greatly.

Regards

11 hours ago, gilby said:

After working well for 2 weeks, it is suddenly bad for me.

I have submitted ticket 806148 with some MTR results which I am also attaching here.

MTR 20191226.txt 16.89 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you - we are looking into it - we need a bidirectional MRr though can you please check the ticket and send those over? these wild help greatly

Regards

Can't connect to Sydney from Mac with Torguard app or from iPhone with Torguard app (IKEv2)

Edit:

Now working again.

Edited by gilby
Additional
Superman

It seems the issues are resolved now

Edit: I have spoken too soon. I am still having issues loading pages when connected to the Sydney server.