TorGuard
Lorna

What is the difference between "dedicated IP" and "streaming IP"

Rate this question

Question

Lorna

Trying to purchase VPN service, but I need to know if there is a difference in the options being offered on top of VPN service:
One is "Regular Dedicated IP" (with a dropdown of location choices) and a second is "Streaming IP" (also with a dropdown of location sources).
Are there any differences in speed?  Or differences in the IP address, for example, is the "Residential Dedicated IP" a non-changing IP address, and perhaps the "Streaming IP" is a changing IP address?

Please clarify.  Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Support
On 10/25/2019 at 1:06 AM, Lorna said:

Trying to purchase VPN service, but I need to know if there is a difference in the options being offered on top of VPN service:
One is "Regular Dedicated IP" (with a dropdown of location choices) and a second is "Streaming IP" (also with a dropdown of location sources).
Are there any differences in speed?  Or differences in the IP address, for example, is the "Residential Dedicated IP" a non-changing IP address, and perhaps the "Streaming IP" is a changing IP address?

Please clarify.  Thank you.

Let me clarify:

1) Regular Dedicated IP - normally in a class of IP's owned by a DC ISP,  more likely to be blocked on services that aggressively block IP's

2) Streaming IP -  We use ranges that will work on most streaming-based services, not all are guaranteed but most will work.

3) Residential IP - There's a possibility these can work for all types of services but not completely immune to be being blocked.

Regards

Lorna
On 10/26/2019 at 11:16 AM, Support said:

Let me clarify:

1) Regular Dedicated IP - normally in a class of IP's owned by a DC ISP,  more likely to be blocked on services that aggressively block IP's

2) Streaming IP -  We use ranges that will work on most streaming-based services, not all are guaranteed but most will work.

3) Residential IP - There's a possibility these can work for all types of services but not completely immune to be being blocked.

Regards

So if I'm traveling out of the US for the next month, let's say India, which IP type would be best for streaming?   Streaming or Residential?  Or should I get both?

2nd question:  Is the "Residential LA IP"  the state of Louisiana, or the city of Los Angeles?

Thanks for your help!  I really appreciate it!