TorGuard
Terrails

German servers slow

Rate this question

Question

Terrails

The last few days I've been having issues with the German servers. I use Germany all the time so its an annoying issue. I usually get around 21 Mbps down and 4,5 Mbps up with around 30 ms ping when connected to the vpn (I've got 25 down and 5 up and 20 ms ping without vpn). But the issue is that lately on German servers the download drops to around 5 Mbps (sometimes even 1-2 Mbps), the upload stays the same and the ping goes to around 60 ms. I've tried resetting the windows app to default settings but that didnt help at all.

8 answers to this question

Support
1 hour ago, Terrails said:

The last few days I've been having issues with the German servers. I use Germany all the time so its an annoying issue. I usually get around 21 Mbps down and 4,5 Mbps up with around 30 ms ping when connected to the vpn (I've got 25 down and 5 up and 20 ms ping without vpn). But the issue is that lately on German servers the download drops to around 5 Mbps (sometimes even 1-2 Mbps), the upload stays the same and the ping goes to around 60 ms. I've tried resetting the windows app to default settings but that didnt help at all.

Hi- we just made some changes to the German servers, can you retest them now and let me know if things are now OK?

Regards

Terrails

Looks like that fixed it, I reconnected and its working as before. Thanks!

Support
2 minutes ago, Terrails said:

Looks like that fixed it, I reconnected and its working as before. Thanks!

You are welcome :)

Smokus

I have also problems with Germany servers as of late. My typical download speed was 6-7 MB/s while on VPN Germany, now I barely get 3 MB/s. This has been going on for like a week or so already

Support
On 10/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, Smokus said:

I have also problems with Germany servers as of late. My typical download speed was 6-7 MB/s while on VPN Germany, now I barely get 3 MB/s. This has been going on for like a week or so already

Are your speeds good elsewhere? this issue was fixed so your issue maybe something else, I would advise submitting a support ticket https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Regards

Amir

Indeed Germany server speeds has become super great. Even on my medium speed DSL, its fast enough.

Amir

Germany server is slow again as of today.

Support
1 hour ago, Amir said:

Germany server is slow again as of today.

Hi Amir - we haven't had any other reports but checking on this right now.

Regards