TorGuard
Apocalyptic Wabbit

Wireguard in Docker

Rate this question

Question

Apocalyptic Wabbit

Is there a way to use wireguard's CLI tools to build a wireguard configuration file for TorGuard? I'd like to build a docker container that connects to Wireguard servers, but I want to script out the configuration file instead of having TorGuard generate it for me.... Is this possible?

2 answers to this question

uNc
On 10/7/2019 at 3:31 PM, Apocalyptic Wabbit said:

Is there a way to use wireguard's CLI tools to build a wireguard configuration file for TorGuard? I'd like to build a docker container that connects to Wireguard servers, but I want to script out the configuration file instead of having TorGuard generate it for me.... Is this possible?

A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.

Whats this have to do with anything?

Apocalyptic Wabbit

You misunderstood. Typically there is a docker entry script which sets up container functionality. Most wireguard examples uses a scripted key exchange to configure wg and sending the peer ip to the server. TorGuard seems to favor pre-generating configs. This won't work in docker as ip's are assigned on container start. So I can't use a static config... 

I've moved on to using a raspi privoxy wireguard device. I would still be interested in this thread to understand how to make TorGuards service work with docker.