TorGuard
Soreph

qBittorrent downloads less than 100kbps

Rate this question

Question

Soreph

When I'm using TorGuard and try to torrent stuff my download speed is never above 100kbps but when i am using any other application to download something not torrent related it downloads at 30mbps.

I have tried using UDP and TCP protocol, all Ciphers besides none and bf-cbc, I have tried opening a port for qBittorrent and nothing works

3 answers to this question

TDog
On 10/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, Soreph said:

When I'm using TorGuard and try to torrent stuff my download speed is never above 100kbps but when i am using any other application to download something not torrent related it downloads at 30mbps.

I have tried using UDP and TCP protocol, all Ciphers besides none and bf-cbc, I have tried opening a port for qBittorrent and nothing works

i haven't had this problem with qBittorrent  running Win 7 64 bit and Win 10 64 bit on various Intel powered systems all using the current version of TorGuard. You haven't stated so but a couple of questions since as you already suspect it has to be something from winsock on out. Does your torrent perform well however briefly if you directly connect? Face value from what you have posted here would point directly to your torrent client since TorGuard is working well for other applications. Have you tried running something like Malwarebytes just for the heck of it? It couldn't hurt and may point you in the right direction. An alternate torrent client might be worth a try as well. Just a thought.  

Ebecpc

i use qBittorrent as well and get full speed also running on win 10 1903 / 1809 builds plus a 4.4 droid tv box, but i have noticed a few times in the past bad speeds i once live chatted to someone and they said try swapping you port from 1080 > 1085 > 1090 can fix this problem also try to make sure you get the USA out the point you can manually set it , also I created a custom trackers list i have an insane one that I've built over time i do have a few i need to remove but i get a lot more connections to peers 

TDog

All good info. I forgot that port swapping does make a difference. I also have noticed that A/V programs seem to have mixed feelings about TorGuard. Win Defender (Win 10) doesn't seem to care. I rely on WebRoot and well sometimes it balks it appears but eventually they get along. WebRoot is one of the quieter ones which appeals to me but who knows what the others do and that may vary from update to update. Again that's all good stuff Ebepc.

Now about that custom tracker list........ 😉