TorGuard
DMckillin

Proxy issues while torrenting.

Rate this question

Question

DMckillin

Hi there,  as the title mentions im having some issues with proxy service,   all torrents are stuck at Downloading Metadata but never get past that.     Im using the proxy.torguard.org for sock5 hostname,  and Sock5 ports 1080/1085/1090.   In past changing the ports often fixed this issue.  However today i tried changing that and nothing helped.  Tried resetting modems/routers.  I use Qbittorent,   i also tried on utorrent and having exact same issue.  Any ideas on what else i can try?  or is there a issue with a proxy service today?   

P.S.  If i disable proxy the torrents load perfectly fine.  So its only when i have proxy enabled.

4 answers to this question

Support
On 9/6/2019 at 6:14 AM, DMckillin said:

Hi there,  as the title mentions im having some issues with proxy service,   all torrents are stuck at Downloading Metadata but never get past that.     Im using the proxy.torguard.org for sock5 hostname,  and Sock5 ports 1080/1085/1090.   In past changing the ports often fixed this issue.  However today i tried changing that and nothing helped.  Tried resetting modems/routers.  I use Qbittorent,   i also tried on utorrent and having exact same issue.  Any ideas on what else i can try?  or is there a issue with a proxy service today?   

P.S.  If i disable proxy the torrents load perfectly fine.  So its only when i have proxy enabled.

Please also bear in mind the SOCKS5 protocol does not support port forwarding, so if you use trackerless torrents, you might need to have DHT enabled.

DMckillin

I also noticed it only started a few days ago,  approx when my account subscription was supposed to run out.   Though i paid for renewal is it possible that it says Active but its not actually active on my account?   My torrents worked fine a few days ago then all the suddent it stopped working with proxy settings on.

DMckillin

Got this fixed now by the way!  not sure what the issue was exactly.   Ended up changing my TCP port to lower number,   i was using like 40,000 something.   And changed the proxy host to one from canada instead of using the proxy.torguard one.   and somehow it magically works now.   As well as looking into different login credentials with the help of support.   Random issue resolved though so yay!!  Can mark closed now.   thanks again!

Arkador

This was working for me before the weekend, but now it is not.
Disabling Socks5 gets everything working, but leaves me unprotected.

This only fails to work when I enable Socks5. I have tried 1080, 1085, and 1090, as well as proxy.torguard.org and at least 5 different IPs from different locations.

The only change is that uTorrent autoupdated to 3.5.5 build 45341