TorGuard
RayGunn

Mail.com and GMX.com webmail forcing password change 10 times per day

Rate this question

Question

RayGunn

My webmail accounts for GMX.com and for Mail.com are continuously forcing me to change my password claiming "suspicious behavior". I am using the torguard client and I attached a capture of my settings. I'll have webmail open and suddenly be logged out, or get an email saying "Change your password now" when I try to log in next time it forces a password change. This happens 10-20 times per day and its driving me crazy! Mail.com and GMX.com tech support say that this is an automatic security feature and cannot be disabled. They said it is likely a result of the use of a VPN or a proxy service and there is nothing they can do. its particularly frustrating because I have used torguard and both email accounts for years and this problem has only started recently, like a month ago. I have changed nothing it just started happening.

Has anyone seen this issue or had similar problems and is there a fix?

Thank you in advance!

Untitled.jpg

1 answer to this question

Support

It might be that those mail services changed there way in terms of security - saying that if you are using shared VPN IP's there's always the possibility that someone else has used that IP to abuse the service in some way - i would advise on buying a dedicated IP that you know has not been abused before.

Regards