TorGuard
uk_hardcore2003

Can't connect to Asian servers

Rate this question

Question

uk_hardcore2003

I was running client v.3.95 and am now running v3.96.1. I can connect to US and European servers without any problems. However, I cannot connect to Asian servers, including Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam. I also tried Australia and that failed. When I try to connect to those servers, the client becomes stuck in a wait/reconnect loop. In particular, I would like to connect to the Japanese server. Can anyone suggest a solution? My connection settings are:

UDP

AES-128-GCM

SHA256

Yes/ v1.2

2 answers to this question

Support
On 9/1/2019 at 6:34 PM, uk_hardcore2003 said:

I was running client v.3.95 and am now running v3.96.1. I can connect to US and European servers without any problems. However, I cannot connect to Asian servers, including Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam. I also tried Australia and that failed. When I try to connect to those servers, the client becomes stuck in a wait/reconnect loop. In particular, I would like to connect to the Japanese server. Can anyone suggest a solution? My connection settings are:

UDP

AES-128-GCM

SHA256

Yes/ v1.2

Hi - can i ask that you do the following so we can make sure you start fresh.

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

uk_hardcore2003

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I received support through live chat a week ago and the problem is now solved. I fixed it by restoring default settings.