TorGuard
tinydog

Android VPN issues for months: Disconnects, won't connect, stuck in Wait, stuck in Detecting...

Rate this question

Question

tinydog

For months, I have been having major issues with TorGuard VPN on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The issues include:

• Most of the time, it takes multiple attempts to connect. It will get stuck in Wait, I'll cancel and retry, it will get stuck in Wait again, and so on. Sometimes I kill the TorGuard app and relaunch it. It can take 10 or more tries before it connects.
  • It gets stuck in Wait, and in Detecting, and in another status that I don't recall.
  • I've tried different servers (Atlanta, Dallas), ports (Auto, Stealth, 389), ciphers (AES-128-CBC, AES-256-GCM, BF-CBC), and protocols (UDP, TCP).
  • Once it's connected, it frequently disconnects. Sometimes it's momentary and auto-reconnects, which still results in me getting booted from my remote desktop session. Other times it's a permanent disconnect and I have to manually attempt to reconnect.

These problems are very disruptive, and annoying. Thus far I've tried 2 other VPN services besides TorGuard, and neither one have the capabilities that I need. TorGuard is great, but I need it to work.

TorGuard_Wait.jpg

TorGuard_Detecting.jpg

3 answers to this question

Peco

Hi

have you activated the VPN service in your Android settings?

tinydog
9 hours ago, Peco said:

Hi

have you activated the VPN service in your Android settings?

Yes, TorGuard is registered in VPN settings. 

Stangers

Good luck, same issues on PC going on for months.