TorGuard
PaymentTypes

Multiple IP's in tracert

Rate this question

Question

PaymentTypes

I have several VPN's and through several providers, which i have been playing around with tracert.

Every VPN company that i run tracert through, gives me 5 IP addresses maximum to www.google.com

When running tracert to Google through TG Sydney server, i get 17 IP addresses, being TG, several Australian based cloud companies (None is Sydney BTW), random US IP addresses, and about 8 Google IP addresses.

Im not one for network administration by any means, but to me, your VPN should go through TG, Cloud service then Google (Being primary and secondary), being 4 - 5 maximum.

Something a bit off with TG, US data miner/CIA/Trump Towers????

1 answer to this question

Support
On 8/12/2019 at 7:13 AM, PaymentTypes said:

I have several VPN's and through several providers, which i have been playing around with tracert.

Every VPN company that i run tracert through, gives me 5 IP addresses maximum to www.google.com

When running tracert to Google through TG Sydney server, i get 17 IP addresses, being TG, several Australian based cloud companies (None is Sydney BTW), random US IP addresses, and about 8 Google IP addresses.

Im not one for network administration by any means, but to me, your VPN should go through TG, Cloud service then Google (Being primary and secondary), being 4 - 5 maximum.

Something a bit off with TG, US data miner/CIA/Trump Towers????

Your waay of on your assumptions, you need to understand whats going on before jumping to conclusions  - it really depends on the DNS you are running through the VPN, the route it takes to get from our Syndey DC to the pops owned by Google.