TorGuard
willyb

Torguard Client 3.96.1 Prob on NVidia Shield

Question

willyb

I have just set up a new NVidia Shield Android TV (remote, no game controller) which I intend to use to stream US Netflix. I have a dedicated streaming IP for the purpose which I successfully use on my Windows desktop and Android phone using the Torguard client. However, When I went to install the Torguard client on the Shield box through the Play store, it tells me that the client will only work with an android gamepad. I downloaded it anyway and tried it using my Shield remote, and it indeed does not work. It will not let me log in when I try to connect to one of the default servers. It does this by preventing me from entering the account password on the login screen. It also will not let me add my dedicated streaming ip. It lets me enter the specs on the creation screen, but when I select 'Done' at the end using the remote, it simply backs out without saving.

Why is Torguard VPN on the Shield TV limited to gaming only??? Netflix streaming is a perfectly logical use for this. Is there some workaround to get past this problem, or is there another VPN app available which will do on the Shield TV what Torguard will not?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet