TorGuard
Luis Monthrose

Problems (speed) TOR in Windows (If you have problems with speed read this post)

Rate this question

Question

Luis Monthrose

Greetings, I have taken the time to create this post, because I have taken many turns trying to solve the problem of the speed of the VPN and I have realized something that I want to share with the whole community and especially those who have the same trouble.
I had tried first to change the DNS thousands of times. Testing even those provided by the company and my problem persisted, so I wondered what happens because a free vpn is faster. Then I decided to uninstall the application as they had sent me deleting the folders. That solved the connection problem but not for long because it again slowed down when I connected to the Internet in TOR.
So I drew conclusions from when it worked well and when the vpn worked badly. And I was given to try this: To uninstall version 3.96.1 and install the previous one, I suppose 3.96.0 and Excellent of marvel returned the speed of my internet. So I can tell you guys that the problem is Software, tor offers excellent service and quality their servers everything is wonderful. The problem is your engineers should update the app's software to a more optimized one. Only that detail I hope you can solve it thanks Tor

3 answers to this question

RipTorn

I am having similar issues with the desktop app and I am also unable to get it from the Chrome store. So I've pretty much had horrible connection problems with 3.96.1. The connection appears to be stable but the speeds come to a crawl and then works fine for it bit and then back to super slow speeds. Please fix this please. 

Luis Monthrose
7 hours ago, RipTorn said:

I am having similar issues with the desktop app and I am also unable to get it from the Chrome store. So I've pretty much had horrible connection problems with 3.96.1. The connection appears to be stable but the speeds come to a crawl and then works fine for it bit and then back to super slow speeds. Please fix this please. 

Did you try the solution to install the previous version?

RipTorn
13 hours ago, Luis Monthrose said:

Did you try the solution to install the previous version?

It appears to have helped. Still having a few weird slow downs that wasn't there before they updated all servers.