TorGuard
tjtrform

Netflix

Rate this question

Question

tjtrform

Currently I can't watch Netflix while using TorGuard. Other VPNs have found a way around this, is TorGuard working on one?

screen shot.jpg

3 answers to this question

Dan_C

You need to buy a streaming or residential ip if we are talking US or UK, then that will fix your problem

tjtrform

Why would I need to do that?

RyDze

There are VERY few VPN's which work with netflix without having to purchase a residential IP, Yes there are a couple which work with Netflix but they can be unreliable at best as Netflix constantly Adds the IP's to a blacklist. 9/10 do not work with netflix without having to purchase a dedicated/Residential IP. 

Without purchasing a Dedicated/Residential IP to access Netflix it is simply unreliable as netflix has 99% of VPN ip's on the blacklist so to get netflix to work a VPN has to use a FRESH ip which is not blacklisted yet which is not easy. The only Reliable way to watch Netflix now "from any Vpn" is to get a Residential Streaming IP. That being said some VPN's may occasionally work "unreliably" with netflix without having to do this but again it is unreliable and there is constant downtime as Ip's get constantly blacklisted.

Technically Torguard may be able to Add a Netflix Streaming server for everyone to use but i am sure they have not done this simply because it is not viable... The servers IP would just get blacklisted and stop working and they would constantly have to add new Fresh Ip's to keep it working which would be a large financial drain and users would complain about the downtime everytime it stopped working it is simply not Viable. The most Viable way to stream Netflix with a VPN is to get a residential IP Addon to stream it and As far as i know "only" you would be using that ip so it should not get blacklisted which makes this method more reliable and viable. 

Torguard is by Far the best VPN in terms of Privacy/Support/Reliability/Options/Price , Basically everything about Torguard is positive.