TorGuard
Milo6T

Trouble suddenly accessing Sydney server from Mageia Linux

Rate this topic

Milo6T

Over the last few weeks  (or maybe more) I have been suddenly become unable to connect tot he Sydney server from my Mageia Linux desktop - all I get is a "WAIT" status no matter how long I wait! Yet I can connect to it from my Windows 7 laptop no problem! It was working previously (as it was to the Melbourne server - till that disappeared I understand). I am currently running v3.96.0, but same thing happened on v3.95.1 & v3.95.0

What might be causing this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

mica1024

I've got the same issue on LinuxMint with v3.96.1

I haven't got a windows box to test with.
Can connect to Netherlands or Los Angeles (Asia Optimized) instantly, no issue.

Milo6T

mica1024,

Thanks for that. So it wasn't just me!

However, I meant to update my post last night, because as of yesterday morning, I could suddenly connect to the the Sydney server and again today????!!! 🙂 But funnily enough, whatever update/upgrade happened, the Melbourne server is now missing (as it should be as I understand it has gone been gone for a while - even though it HASN'T been on my server list on my Windows laptop for ages?????) 

So maybe yours might come good too!

All the best.

mica1024

lucky you.

i still can't connect. :(

Can't connect to NZ either.

Milo6T

mica1024,

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I sometimes had that problem, but at other times it would connect. I also sometimes had the same problem with Singapore 1 & 2. But Sydney (until - as I said - till just recently) would not connect for some reason.

I hope it all rights itself for you soon. Fingers X 😕

mica1024

i can only put it down to some sort of DNS issue ?

I added the IP of the server to TorGuard.Australia-Sydney-NO-TORRENTS-UDP.ovpn and can now connect

Milo6T

mica1024,

Well that's good news. I thought it may have had been something like that but it had been working previously so I dismissed that idea.

sterimar

Is connecting to Sydney IP still an issue? I am not running Linux and I am having issues with this also. Other IPs work, but the Sydney IP is rarely able to connect for me. I don't think it is from your end.

Milo6T

sterimar,

I haven't been having any problems connecting to the Sydney server for a while now - either on my main Linux desktop (in fact I connected just a minute ago booting up my system),  my Windows laptop or my Samsung phone. So, sorry I can't help you.