TorGuard
lacara

remove network port from VPN

Rate this question

Question

lacara

How do I remove port 8081 from the VPN software. I require that port to be open on my local internet connection for remote access.

With the VPN off the remote access works fine, but with the VPN enabled i lose all access to port 8081 via the local internet connection, and thus lose all access to my machine.

This used to work fine with the Viscosity VPN but it does not work at all with TG Desktop v3.96.0

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers

1 answer to this question

Support
On 7/21/2019 at 11:47 PM, lacara said:

How do I remove port 8081 from the VPN software. I require that port to be open on my local internet connection for remote access.

With the VPN off the remote access works fine, but with the VPN enabled i lose all access to port 8081 via the local internet connection, and thus lose all access to my machine.

This used to work fine with the Viscosity VPN but it does not work at all with TG Desktop v3.96.0

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers

Hello,

You need to open the port, you can do this through the client area.

Please make the request here from within your account area Services --> My Services --> Manage  >> Request Port Forward

Before making the request you would normally connect to the location you want and then visit iplocation.net and enter this IP that it shows you, we would suggest doing some speed tests and finding the right server for you first.

Once the request is in you will receive a port forward activation email, follow the instruction sent in this to connect to your port forward IP and remember when testing the port, make sure that the software or service is running and using the port you want to open.

Regards