TorGuard
Flyingturkey

Could not block outside DNS-Servers

Rate this question

Question

Flyingturkey

recently updated torguard a month ago I Hadn't updated in a while and I have been receiving "Could not block outside DNS-Servers, please check your firewall settings"  Nothing has been changed in my firewall forever.  Running win-7.  Not sure what is causing this.

8 answers to this question

Support
On 7/18/2019 at 6:01 PM, Flyingturkey said:

recently updated torguard a month ago I Hadn't updated in a while and I have been receiving "Could not block outside DNS-Servers, please check your firewall settings"  Nothing has been changed in my firewall forever.  Running win-7.  Not sure what is causing this.

Did you try a simple reboot after the update? that normally clears it up.

Regards

Tekcruzer

I am getting the same thing. Rebooted still happens. Does it every time Torguard starts up

Julia36x

I am getting the same thing. Rebooted still happens. I only run Avast security suite. I'm brand new to using torguard as my personal vpn.

TheDevilBoy

On Windows 7.  For weeks I’ve been getting the “Error Could not block outside DNS-servers, please check your firewall settings!” and then disconnecting and trying again until I finally get the Verified status.  But suddenly over the last few days I have to reinstall TorGuard *every single time* I want to connect to the internet, or else it will tell me that I’m connected, but won’t actually connect or give me the Verified status..

I don’t know what your software engineers did to break your program, but I’m fed up.  And I’m not going to disable the outside DNS security feature in order to use your program.

This is the most consistently non-working service I’ve ever had to deal with.  If you can’t resolve this problem within 72 hours then I’m unsubscribing and going someplace else.

Support
19 minutes ago, TheDevilBoy said:

On Windows 7.  For weeks I’ve been getting the “Error Could not block outside DNS-servers, please check your firewall settings!” and then disconnecting and trying again until I finally get the Verified status.  But suddenly over the last few days I have to reinstall TorGuard *every single time* I want to connect to the internet, or else it will tell me that I’m connected, but won’t actually connect or give me the Verified status..

I don’t know what your software engineers did to break your program, but I’m fed up.  And I’m not going to disable the outside DNS security feature in order to use your program.

This is the most consistently non-working service I’ve ever had to deal with.  If you can’t resolve this problem within 72 hours then I’m unsubscribing and going someplace else.

Have you tried the steps below?

Under more settings --> network tab --> uncheck Block outside DNS

If this works then the issue lies somewhere else, can you submit a support ticket and ref this thread?

TheDevilBoy
15 minutes ago, Support said:

Have you tried the steps below?

If this works then the issue lies somewhere else, can you submit a support ticket and ref this thread?

That didn't help.  I had to reinstall TorGuard again in order to tell you this.

How do I create a support ticket?

Support
14 minutes ago, TheDevilBoy said:

That didn't help.  I had to reinstall TorGuard again in order to tell you this.

How do I create a support ticket?

Then I would suggest you submit a support ticket - the vast majority of users do not experience these issues, most issues are caused by third party software or security software.

Support
42 minutes ago, Tekcruzer said:

I am getting the same thing. Rebooted still happens. Does it every time Torguard starts up

Do you run any security suites?

Regards