TorGuard
Gemini18

Streaming IP Address Home Network Access

Rate this question

Question

Gemini18

I have given up on the DDWRT setup on  a dated Linksys wrt54gl Router.

Any advice would be appreciated re system setup and hardware.

4 answers to this question

Support
On 7/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, Gemini18 said:

I have given up on the DDWRT setup on  a dated Linksys wrt54gl Router.

Any advice would be appreciated re system setup and hardware.

Hello,

Did you manage to get this set up? if not please submit a ticket here https://torguard.net/submitticket.php and we will be happy to login and setup for you.

Regards

uNc

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a newer router. I would recommend looking at Asus AC86U and Merlin firmwre for it. The AC86U has a powerful processor 1800, and hardware acceleration which improves OpenVPN performance immensly. And more to point, VERY simple to setup OpenVPN on this router.

Gemini18
2 minutes ago, uNc said:

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a newer router. I would recommend looking at Asus AC86U and Merlin firmwre for it. The AC86U has a powerful processor 1800, and hardware acceleration which improves OpenVPN performance immensly. And more to point, VERY simple to setup OpenVPN on this router.

Hi ,and thanks for the reply.

I was looking into this router and did wonder if the stock firmware was suitable.The Linksys wrt3200acm was another possibility.

uNc
24 minutes ago, Gemini18 said:

Hi ,and thanks for the reply.

I was looking into this router and did wonder if the stock firmware was suitable.The Linksys wrt3200acm was another possibility.

That Linksys seems okay spec wise except it appears that it does not support OpenVPN, but maybe it can be flashed with DDWRT. Thats a definite deal breaker if thats the case. I would take the AC86U any day. They are fit for purpose and one of the only home router's that are capable of delivering high performance OpenVPN functionality.

Merlin f/w offers a plethora a key OpenVPN settings unavailable with  stock Asus f/w. So, Merlin firmware is an absolute key essential must have for asus routers.

Actually, OpenVPN support has been added to this router. Check here for a review: https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32856-linksys-wrt1900acs-dual-band-gigabit-router-reviewed?showall=&start=1