Jump to content
TorGuard
Support

TorGuard Certificate and Network Upgrades

Recommended Posts

Donut
 
 
1
 Advanced issues found
 
 
 
1 hour ago, Support said:
 
 
1
 Advanced issues found
 
 
 
1 hour ago, Support said:

 

Hello,

The certificate you need is here https://torguard.net/tgcerts.php - the OpenVPN CA,  you can also generate configs here https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-openvpnconfig if using the OpenVPN connect app - this will include the latest CA.

In regards to the fireTV, clearing your app cache and reinstalling the app should do the trick.

 

 

Did that and I select the certificate and get a 'name the certificate' pop up. I type in a random name and then receive the 'no certificates found' pop up as before. its and endless cycle that gets me nowhere. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jay70

I don't know if it has been said yet, but I had to use Windows10 to uninstall TOR, then reboot and install it from the EXE again.  It did keep my settings though!

It just doesn't work when you click to Upgrade, or if you try to run the EXE over top of an installation that is already there.  Maybe this will help someone else keep their sanity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maria Duarte

I cannot connect to any of my residential or streaming IP's.  Am I the only one with this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Support
14 hours ago, Maria Duarte said:

I cannot connect to any of my residential or streaming IP's.  Am I the only one with this issue?

 

I would suggest open a support ticket on our main desk so we can look at that https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
etlnhl
On 7/14/2019 at 12:00 AM, Support said:

 

Hello,

 

I apologise for your troubles.

We did send an email out last month regarding this but it seems there are quite a few users who did not receive this - one of the reasons is users who either mark our email as spam then wonder why they no longer receive emails users or ask us to not send any email in future, we barely send email to any users other than normal transactional email through our billing system  or support desk so we don't understand why users do tend to mark the email as spam as this will prevent users from receiving them in future - there are other technical reasons so we may resend that out over the weekend.

Regards

Nah - not true. I run my own mail server and have control over the SPAM engine and I never received this mail. I also just went back through the archives ( I delete nothing ! ) and nope - nothing received on this subject. Also I do not remember asking you not to send me emails, why would I ? you don't send many and it is critical that I know if anything regarding my service will change. Seriously, own up - this change, whilst beneficial and important, has been mishandled.

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TDog

Amen. I just love to pay for a service and be their Alpha tester. Bush league tactics. Is this a business or an experiment? If it's the later why am I not the one to get paid for my hardship? Never saw that email either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SharpTip

Hello,

I too, have not received any email(s). Also shifed through previous emails and nothing was found; related to the comment from 'Support Staff' member: posted on July 13th.

A heads-up email would have possibly eased some of the pain, that a great number of us have gone through or/ are experiencing.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alegri

To all who still have problems connecting via OpenVPN clients, this might come in handy. I have a dedicated UK IP and I couldn't make it work on my router no matter what settings I had. I opened a ticket, but the 3 different guys I talked to they were sending me from one place to another without making any real progress. I got the following error on the router syslog file:

"VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=self signed certificate in certificate chain: C=US, ST=FL, L=Orlando, O=TorGuard, OU=VPN, CN=TG-OVPN-CA, name=TorGuard, [email protected]
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: OpenSSL: error:1416F086:lib(20):func(367):reason(134)
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
Jul 26 00:33:45 ovpn-client2[12099]: Restart pause, 5 second(s)"

I tried to explain to them that it looks like it's a issue with the certificate, but they did not follow up on that. They asked me to change ports and ciphers, even though the IP was opened only for a specific port. Needless to say that they insisted that it should work nonetheless, providing no real assistance whatsoever with that statement.

Their Windows app could connect though to the IP without any issue. So that made me thinking. I then went to AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC\TorGuard\configs, I opened the certificate there and I copied all the lines to the CA config file of the file generated here. And that was it.

It seems that their OpenVPN configurator does not generate the appropriate CA for dedicated IP's. Or at least that was my case.

One entire night spent with "support" for a issue that is so easy to fix by a capable technician. I am by far an expert when it comes to this, but I can at least use my common sense to get to the problem.

Really poor support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
E.A. van Dijk

I can imagine that the "fixes" are too complicated for lots of customers. People want to press a button and get connected without the need of installing certificates or generate config files they don't understand. I hope the upgrades are noticeable.

Can someone at the office plugin nl.sstp please? It's down for a few days now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Support
1 hour ago, E.A. van Dijk said:

I can imagine that the "fixes" are too complicated for lots of customers. People want to press a button and get connected without the need of installing certificates or generate config files they don't understand. I hope the upgrades are noticeable.

Can someone at the office plugin nl.sstp please? It's down for a few days now.

 

Hi Eric

nl.sstp.host appears to be working OK

Are you receiving any errors? can you retry?

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benjamin_9544
Quote

Currently, we are in the process of upgrading the TorGuard network to help get ready for IPv6 implementation along with upgrades to our stealth protocol

Does that means your servers will be able to work in China soon? Non of your current ones work in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Therealone

15 minutes to connect today with about 4 disconnects. WTF.  are these 'fixes' completed yet or what?  I've never had so many problems with the service. constant disconnects, reconnects.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. come on guys really?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TDog
1 hour ago, Therealone said:

15 minutes to connect today with about 4 disconnects. WTF.  are these 'fixes' completed yet or what?  I've never had so many problems with the service. constant disconnects, reconnects.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. come on guys really?!

Pretty much the same thing here. Some servers just plain refuse to connect period. Others you have to hammer many times to get a connection. Forget the ticket, it's a system wide problem as evidenced by multiple reports here. I have the same problem from from multiple sites, different computers, different carriers. I don't understand. What happened and why is taking so long to fix it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Support
5 hours ago, Therealone said:

15 minutes to connect today with about 4 disconnects. WTF.  are these 'fixes' completed yet or what?  I've never had so many problems with the service. constant disconnects, reconnects.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. come on guys really?!

 

3 hours ago, TDog said:

Pretty much the same thing here. Some servers just plain refuse to connect period. Others you have to hammer many times to get a connection. Forget the ticket, it's a system wide problem as evidenced by multiple reports here. I have the same problem from from multiple sites, different computers, different carriers. I don't understand. What happened and why is taking so long to fix it?

 

There are no system-wide issues guys - all systems are online and operating just fine - if you are running an older version or for some reason, your IP cache or CA cert has not automatically updated follow the below steps (for Windows):

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Therealone
On 8/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, Support said:

 

 

There are no system-wide issues guys - all systems are online and operating just fine - if you are running an older version or for some reason, your IP cache or CA cert has not automatically updated follow the below steps (for Windows):

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

 

did exactly what you said on two different computers. seemed to be working until.... today... same old disconnect reconnect crap.  so seems to me there's something not working like it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Support
6 hours ago, Therealone said:

 

did exactly what you said on two different computers. seemed to be working until.... today... same old disconnect reconnect crap.  so seems to me there's something not working like it should be.

 

Hi, under the network tab, hit the clean cache button and then refresh cache, now retest - if you are still seeing this issue then it is likely something else nonrelated to the TG client - please let us know.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jay70
3 hours ago, Support said:

 

Hi, under the network tab, hit the clean cache button and then refresh cache, now retest - if you are still seeing this issue then it is likely something else nonrelated to the TG client - please let us know.

Regards

I just removed the program from Windows (had to do this on a Mac as well) then installed the latest version as a new program.  It has worked for me 3 times in a row like that without having to mess with program settings and Windows registry edits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×