On 7/9/2019 at 12:08 AM, Support said:

Release torguard-chrome-vpn-extension-v1.38, 2019-07-01
====================================

* Ad and Malware Blocking Updates

Updated TorGuard Ad and Malware blocklists

* Logo Change

* Bug fixes

Downloads

Once I click on Downloads, then the TorGuard Chrome Extension, I get a 404 error "The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Support

We know of the problem, Google changed some policies recently but dealing with google is never fast - the changes are made we are just waiting on Google to respond, once they do it will be back online.

Regards

MasterDokuro

Is there an eTA on when this will be available again ? 

Hours -- Days -- Weeks -- never ?

Support
1 hour ago, MasterDokuro said:

Is there an eTA on when this will be available again ? 

Hours -- Days -- Weeks -- never ?

We can't tell you how long google will take to review it - once they do it will be back online.

E.A. van Dijk

Why am I not surprised at all that the chrome extension isn't available? Some old experiences, but mostly recent developments at Torguard, forces me to make use of services from a 2nd VPN provider. My subscription at TG ends in 2,5 months and it's unlikely that I'll let it continue. That's a shame, because when all is working TG is very good. Unfortunately not all is working all the time. The basics for a good service are all there but then all those little weird decisions are being made creating a maze instead of a user-friendly environment. Not to mention the last upgrade process.. that's how people end up in straight jackets.

Well, I never rule out all options but for now I'd rather pay two subscriptions then rely solely on TG.

Support
9 hours ago, E.A. van Dijk said:

Why am I not surprised at all that the chrome extension isn't available? Some old experiences, but mostly recent developments at Torguard, forces me to make use of services from a 2nd VPN provider. My subscription at TG ends in 2,5 months and it's unlikely that I'll let it continue. That's a shame, because when all is working TG is very good. Unfortunately not all is working all the time. The basics for a good service are all there but then all those little weird decisions are being made creating a maze instead of a user-friendly environment. Not to mention the last upgrade process.. that's how people end up in straight jackets.

Well, I never rule out all options but for now I'd rather pay two subscriptions then rely solely on TG.

Hey there, the Chrome Extension will be back online shortly, the only reason why it has been offline as long is Google Engineers take so long to reply, they actually said it was a mistake and they are speaking to another department to bring the extension online. Can i ask what is not working for you or you are having issues with?

Regards

Support
On 8/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, Support said:

Hey there, the Chrome Extension will be back online shortly, the only reason why it has been offline as long is Google Engineers take so long to reply, they actually said it was a mistake and they are speaking to another department to bring the extension online. Can i ask what is not working for you or you are having issues with?

Regards

This is now back online everyone, sorry for the delay!

otto38dd

Hi,

I am in China and the Chrome extension works great here.  A couple of questions: 

1.  The Chrome extension is actually working better here in China than the Windows client.  I see that, while config options are limited, the extension uses ports not available in the client.  How can I add those ports to the client?

2.  What other differences are there between the extension config and the client config besides ports?

Thanks,

otto38dd

Support
On 9/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, otto38dd said:

Hi,

I am in China and the Chrome extension works great here.  A couple of questions: 

1.  The Chrome extension is actually working better here in China than the Windows client.  I see that, while config options are limited, the extension uses ports not available in the client.  How can I add those ports to the client?

2.  What other differences are there between the extension config and the client config besides ports?

Thanks,

otto38dd

Hello,

1) They both operate on different ports, you can't use proxy ports with OpenVPN and vice versa

2) The extension uses SSL based proxies while the software uses OpenVPN, OpenVPN is heavily targeted in China so it has to be run alongside stunnel, stealth or shadowsocks in most cases.

Regards