TorGuard

SOCKS Connection "Refused"

Rate this question

skydivewrongway

Question

skydivewrongway

My SOCKS connection in Vuze hasn't been an issue until today...I went to Test SOCKS and received the following:

Testing SOCKS connection to proxy.torguard.tg:1080..

Connect failed, Connection refused

Any idea what would cause this? I haven't changed anything at all in my setup. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

thatcrazydoglady

I am having the same problem with uTorrent. The full message is Proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. I have tried using the connection to proxy.torguard.tg, as well as other Toronto servers, which are the closest Socks5 servers to my location......to no avail. After each change, I close out uTorrent and then reopen before testing my IP address again. It's not working!

Support

Hey Guys

A couple of big public trackers where down, i think they still are which is causing a lot of timeouts - this also came at a time when our Canada DC had some issues with hardware - but thats all sorted now.

If anyone is still having trouble please submit a ticket to support desk and we can check it out.

Regards