Release torguard-vpn-extension-v1.48, 2019-07-01
====================================

* Ad and Malware Blocking Updates

Updated TorGuard Ad and Malware blocklists

* Logo Change

* Bug fixes

Downloads

• 1 month later...

Anybody has this issue? For the US servers, I can only connect to the regional ones like USA - Central, USA - East, or USA - West and not the city specific ones like USA - Chicago, USA - Dallas.

I just use a straight VPN right now but there are situations in which I'd be interested in a browser extension.

I'd like to know, please:  how are the malware/ad blocklists implemented?  Is it done entirely locally, in the client -- or is there any entity anywhere that receives any data ("anonymized" or not) about which URLs I visit?

Can these features be disabled?  I already have loads of layered extensions/blockers on my main Firefox browser.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, TriV said:

Anybody has this issue? For the US servers, I can only connect to the regional ones like USA - Central, USA - East, or USA - West and not the city specific ones like USA - Chicago, USA - Dallas.

Try reinstalling the extension, it will refresh the server list, it has now changed.

Regards

• 2 months later...

This firefox addon seems to have stopped working. Connecting to a server will change the 'connect' button to 'disconnect' however the IP address doesn't change and when selecting 'disconnect' nothing happens. Thus the addon seems to think it is connected but won't disconnect because it isn't actually connected. I have removed the addon and reinstalled it but the same thing occurs. I have been using this version since it's release so I am unsure why it has suddenly stopped functioning.

Firefox version 71.0

Torguard addon 1.4.8

5 hours ago, Arob said:

This firefox addon seems to have stopped working. Connecting to a server will change the 'connect' button to 'disconnect' however the IP address doesn't change and when selecting 'disconnect' nothing happens. Thus the addon seems to think it is connected but won't disconnect because it isn't actually connected. I have removed the addon and reinstalled it but the same thing occurs. I have been using this version since it's release so I am unsure why it has suddenly stopped functioning.

Firefox version 71.0

Torguard addon 1.4.8

Hi - please uninstall it and reinstall - this should resolve your problem.

Regards

Unfortunately this didn't solve it. As Arob also stated the addon has already been reinstalled but it did not resolve anything.

Please read his message entirely before suggesting a solution that has already been tried out and did not work out.

I have the exact same problem.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Unfortunately this didn't solve it. As Arob also stated the addon has already been reinstalled but it did not resolve anything.

Please read his message entirely before suggesting a solution that has already been tried out and did not work out.

I have the exact same problem.

We see the problem and we will have a fix out at some point tomorrow.

Regards

EpsteinWasTerminated

I am new to torguard as of today.  I have to say I'm not impressed with the Firefox add-on.  It does nothing.  I have installed and uninstalled multiple times and have even reset Firefox to default setting.  The add-on shows green and that I'm connected to a server, I've tried multiple severs, but when I check my IP information it still shows at though I am not logged in. 

Not impressed as a new customer. 

42 minutes ago, EpsteinWasTerminated said:

I am new to torguard as of today.  I have to say I'm not impressed with the Firefox add-on.  It does nothing.  I have installed and uninstalled multiple times and have even reset Firefox to default setting.  The add-on shows green and that I'm connected to a server, I've tried multiple severs, but when I check my IP information it still shows at though I am not logged in. 

Not impressed as a new customer. 

Hello,

Firefox just updated recently which broke the extension, we have a new build in review just now, it should post at some point today hopefully,

Regards

• Support unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I have now removed 1.4.8 and installed 1.4.9. The issue I reported above appears to  be resolved, however it always connects to Australia regardless of which country I select in the drop-down box. I have completely removed the addon and reinstalled it but the issue persists.

Firefox 71.0

Torguard addon 1.4.9

4 hours ago, Arob said:

I have now removed 1.4.8 and installed 1.4.9. The issue I reported above appears to  be resolved, however it always connects to Australia regardless of which country I select in the drop-down box. I have completely removed the addon and reinstalled it but the issue persists.

Firefox 71.0

Torguard addon 1.4.9

Hi - thats odd, I'm unable to reproduce this, can you try clearing caches, remove the extension, reinstall and retest?

Regards

EpsteinWasTerminated

I have discovered that your add-on does not allow me to sign in when AVG is active.  If I disable AVG I can sign in though the web extensions for Firefox (my primary browser) and Chrome.  If I re-enable AVG system protection it boots me out of the VPN.  I will continue to search your site and possibly place a ticket.  FYI the desktop app allows me to sign in regardless of AVG status. 

33 minutes ago, EpsteinWasTerminated said:

I have discovered that your add-on does not allow me to sign in when AVG is active.  If I disable AVG I can sign in though the web extensions for Firefox (my primary browser) and Chrome.  If I re-enable AVG system protection it boots me out of the VPN.  I will continue to search your site and possibly place a ticket.  FYI the desktop app allows me to sign in regardless of AVG status. 

Hi - this is due to the fact our extension uses mail ports to connect - the reason for this is to get out on highly restricted networks - the mail module of AVG will likely block these ports.

Regards

13 hours ago, Support said:

Hi - thats odd, I'm unable to reproduce this, can you try clearing caches, remove the extension, reinstall and retest?

Regards

I had already tried this, however I have done it again today and it now works.  Thanks.