Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0
Parsley

Melbourne Server

Rate this question

Question

Parsley

Hi guys, 

It seems like the melbourne server is gone, may i know how soon would a new server is up and running? as i use the vpn from Tasmania and it is the closest! Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
etlnhl

Odd isn't it.

I live in Melbourne - so I contacted support ( via a live chat ) and asked the question. They wouldnot or couldnot tell me why. They told me to raise a trouble ticket !!!.

So, no prior notice, no publicity that I can find and the first level support team won't tell or doesn't know and suggests raising a fault ticket to find out...very very very odd.

I wonder if Sydney will also vanish without warning or explanation ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
gilby

See the Support reply to my posting further down the thread list.  Seems it was some short notice issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
gilby
On 7/6/2019 at 8:18 AM, Parsley said:

i use the vpn from Tasmania

 

Hi, nice to know there are other users in Tassie.

Gilby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Parsley
On 7/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, gilby said:

 

Hi, nice to know there are other users in Tassie.

Gilby

Indeed it is! How long have you been using torguad from down here? Have been using the Sydney server, but it isnt as fast as melbourne. Just hoping that they add more servers soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Treebear

I am also a Tassie user. Same Issue, Melbourne server disappeared!

It was working yesterday 19th July.

 

Was looking at the server status list https://torguard.net/network/  and it doesn't appear there either.

Doesn't look good :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support

Hello,

We decided to look for a new DC/provider in this area -  we will keep users updated when there is an eta on when that will happen.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Parsley
On 7/20/2019 at 9:48 AM, Treebear said:

I am also a Tassie user. Same Issue, Melbourne server disappeared!

It was working yesterday 19th July.

 

Was looking at the server status list https://torguard.net/network/  and it doesn't appear there either.

Doesn't look good :(

 

 

Hi Treebear!

Glad to see another Tassie user! How are the speeds you're getting when connecting to Sydney/NZ? Internet speeds in Aus are already extremely slow..

Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Z00Z00Z
On 7/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, etlnhl said:

Odd isn't it.

I live in Melbourne - so I contacted support ( via a live chat ) and asked the question. They wouldnot or couldnot tell me why. They told me to raise a trouble ticket !!!.

So, no prior notice, no publicity that I can find and the first level support team won't tell or doesn't know and suggests raising a fault ticket to find out...very very very odd.

I wonder if Sydney will also vanish without warning or explanation ?

 

I was told last month that it was because of repeated DDoS attacks and that their server provider asked them to find another provider. I noted that the way this was described to me was very vague, though.

 

I was assigned a new IP in Sydney (at a great deal of trouble, since I had to manually get my new IP whitelisted in many places - precisely why I need a dedicated IP in the first place, to avoid these headaches) which is now being detected as Japanese on half of the websites I go to and they have told me that there are no other options and that they will not refund me for the dedicated IP, despite the fact that they can no longer provide to me what we agreed upon when I first signed up. They have offered to add time onto my existing VPN subscription but after this whole mess I'm most likely going to move to another provider. Really disappointed in how this turned out since my first few months went very smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Anon101

As an aside to the server problems in Australia, what are  your plans on dealing with the new encryption laws there?

https://gizmodo.com/australia-s-new-encryption-law-is-forcing-tech-companie-1835074557

I don't know your exact setup or how much info is actually located in the DC in that country, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate an update on your future plans for the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×