TorGuard
Amamos

Very slow internet speed after disconnecting

Rate this question

Question

Amamos

For a month or two now I've been getting very, very slow internet speeds after disconnecting TorGuard, something like 0.40mbps, hard even to simply check an e-mail.

I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling the client twice, but for no help.

After it bugs, nothing i try will revert it back. Not even resetting the router. The only solution so far is resetting the computer, than it starts working normally again.

Help me please, the more I need to use TorGuard, the more pain I get from this issue.

5 answers to this question

Support
On 7/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, Amamos said:

For a month or two now I've been getting very, very slow internet speeds after disconnecting TorGuard, something like 0.40mbps, hard even to simply check an e-mail.

I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling the client twice, but for no help.

After it bugs, nothing i try will revert it back. Not even resetting the router. The only solution so far is resetting the computer, than it starts working normally again.

Help me please, the more I need to use TorGuard, the more pain I get from this issue.

Hello,

You say you reset your computer, what do you do exactly, reboot it or reinstall the OS?

Regards

Amamos

Reboot, after I reboot its get fast again.

Support
3 hours ago, Amamos said:

Reboot, after I reboot its get fast again.

In that case, you could have some runaway process that's eating CPU, have you checked CPU usage at the time of the slowdown?

Regards

Amamos

No, its not CPU. When i disconnect TorGuard my connection goes to crap, not even fast enough to check an e-mail. Even google pages doesn't load sometimes.

It only gets back to normal after o reboot the PC. No matter whatelse i do, the connection stays really, really slow.

As if when the TorGuard disconnected it messed something up.

Reinstalling the torguard software didn't help. Neither reconnecting, closing the software, etc.

The CPU doesn't get any slower and i don't see any torguard or vpn process running. It probally doesn't get some setting back to where should be, i don't know.

The way I use TorGuard i need to connect and disconnect the VPN all the time, based on what I'm doing, so this problem is really bad to me.

Support
1 hour ago, Amamos said:

No, its not CPU. When i disconnect TorGuard my connection goes to crap, not even fast enough to check an e-mail. Even google pages doesn't load sometimes.

It only gets back to normal after o reboot the PC. No matter whatelse i do, the connection stays really, really slow.

As if when the TorGuard disconnected it messed something up.

Reinstalling the torguard software didn't help. Neither reconnecting, closing the software, etc.

The CPU doesn't get any slower and i don't see any torguard or vpn process running. It probally doesn't get some setting back to where should be, i don't know.

The way I use TorGuard i need to connect and disconnect the VPN all the time, based on what I'm doing, so this problem is really bad to me.

Do you have the "Block internet when NOT connected" option checked? under the network tab.