TorGuard
Nemesis429

Tixati + TorGuard Optimal Settings?

Rate this question

Question

Nemesis429

Hello,

Just recently bought TorGuard, getting around 200Mbit connection, but my torrents are only 1MB/2MB/Sec are there any optimised settings for Tixati or another client to speed up torrents.

If I were not using a torrent client I'd be getting like 10MB/sec+.

Also can I only use TorGuard with Tixati or does it have to be used for whole computer?

Thanks,

Nemesis

2nd Edit: Now the connection keeps dropping, now down from 200Mbit to 20Mbit??

3 answers to this question

Smokus

My torrent speed increased drastically by switching from UDP to TPC protocol in TorGuard

solus2sail

My throughput dropped by switching to TCP.

No Torguard gets me 191.69 Mb/s. With Torguard 77.38Mb/s at best.

Changing from UDP tp TCP my throughput was worse at 67.16 Mb/s..

Time to look for a new VPN provider?

kra

There could be a number of things, first, what server are you connected to?  Pick a server that is physically closer to you (the farther your data has to travel, the slower it becomes).

What cipher are you using?  I usually use cipher AES-128-GCM.  This cipher is what banks use.  If this is good enough to secure my data when online banking, then I figure it's good enough when I am using a VPN.  Running a higher cipher can slow down your speeds.

You could try enabling "STunnel enabled".  TCP protocol must be selected.  This adds a second layer of security.  If you have a shitty ISP that likes to throttle certain traffic, like VPN traffic, it may be worth wild to enable.

Last, I assume you opened an incoming port on your firewall.  Tixati will automatically select a incoming port for you but you will still need to open TCP and UDP on your computer's firewall.  You shouldn't have to open a port on your router not unless you have a lot of problems, but I wouldn't recommend it (potential security hole).